Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

NEW Magnum aftermarket Grills!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005 | 04:19 AM
Lyle SXT
Professional
Default RE: NEW Magnum aftermarket Grills!

ORIGINAL: grinner

Not sure why they stick that stuff on our cars. It's way too low to be funcional and looks horrible, in my opinion.
I envision some exec dude at Dodge all like" ya know if we release this car all clean, it could be looked at as a muscle car

I beg to differ!!

I think the 'removed moulding' look is COMPLETELY wrong, in my opinion.

Way to slab-sided without them.

But I agree on the roof rack.

Cheers,
Tilt

Old 05-08-2005 | 04:10 PM
grinner
All Star

here are pics:

this is what it looked like under the side molding when I first removed it:

It's since faded out to a point you can just barely see it. The dealership was less than helpful on this... saying I shouldn't have removed the molding. I contend that has nothing to do with the flawed paint on a new car that was caused by the factory. You'd think since I spent well over 70k with em in one month they would have been eager to please but they don't seem to wanna make long-term relationships to improve their bidness.
If it helps, here is a before and after of the side moldings on my wife's RT:

she had some cheezy pinstrips along the top too that had to go. They didn't even follow a body line. Not sure what they were thinkin' on this. They went away as soon as we got it home. There was no probs at all with Mineral Grey. I've heard only problems with black and blue.
Like I said though, the milky look under the molding caused by trapped moisure (that will eventually cause rusting) is faded away almost completely. I'm the only one that sees it because I know it's there and it was an issue in the beginning. Nobody at any show has ever noticed anything.
I say go for it. Get that crap off yer car before it causes more dammage. I'm no fan of foamy two-sided tape on my ride. My wife wasn't down with that either (although she did opt to keep her hemi badges).
You'll find in the hot sun, it comes off quickly and easily. I did these two cars in 20 degree waether so I had to get a couple of water blisters from rubbin'.
Well worth it, in my book.
Well worth shaving the roof rack if ya have one too. Nect to the hood, shaving the roof rack is my favorite mod so far.
Heres what it looked like before:

I have more images in my gallery on this site if ya wanna tool through em.

Old 05-08-2005 | 07:49 PM
65standard
All Star

i pulled all moldings and emblems off within the first hour after i got her home. i squirted goo gone along the top of the moldings, let it soak in a few minutes. everything came off easy with no clue left on the car. it took all of 15 minutes. i wiped the car down with some detailing spray to remove the runs from the goo gone. all the glue stayed on the moldings.

i guess it is easy if you do it right away. i would say all of my emblems are still reuseable. hey grin, my r/t emblem is still available because the guy i promissed them to wanted two and had no use for just one. i know you asked about it some time ago. it's yours if you still want it. e-mail me at anich666@prairieinet.net

anyways, i really want a mesh grill like that one. all the ones i see are just a flat piece of mesh while this one is formed and protrude out. anyone know where i can get one. that guy doesn't respond.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13006/1B61D8FAC08F403C86A1DED636F7C5ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2005 | 08:14 PM
Magman3
Professional

I'm going to take off all the badges this afternoon. It's like 85 degrees here in Atl. today so I'm going to wait a little while before going out. I'm really nervous about the moldings. I love the look of you guys rides' and thats whats pushing me to do it. I'm just worried it will be damaged underneath. I don't want any haze. To me the molding isn't the most horrible thing I've ever seen. I've had my car just a little over a month. Think I will be ok? Goo Gone, is it ok for the paint? I will run to the store and pick some up if so.

Old 05-08-2005 | 11:09 PM
obiwan

Here is my EG Classic mesh grill powder coated in a gloss black along with the SXT black headlights

Old 05-08-2005 | 11:39 PM
grinner
All Star

tale it easy on those parking curbs, obi.

Lookin really sharp. You gonna tint the wondows?
What other mods do you have planned?

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:20 AM
Lyle SXT
Professional

ORIGINAL: Magman3

I'm going to take off all the badges this afternoon.

Hey Brandon,

I didn't get your email. For some reason I'm not getting emails through this board. I even tried a test myself. Strange!!!

Anyways, maybe if you email me direct to my main account: tilt441 @ shaw.ca (take out the spaces)

Cheers,
Tilt

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:39 AM
obiwan

ORIGINAL: grinner

tale it easy on those parking curbs, obi.

Lookin really sharp. You gonna tint the wondows?
What other mods do you have planned?
Those marks on the bottom side are painful to look at, I hit one parking stop and the other one was from a curb when I was making a u-turn. I almost want to get the front facia painted again.

I doubt I will tint the side windows since they are pretty hard core on enforcement here in Kalifornia.

Mods, well my headers are due in on Wednesday, if I can swing a day off from work and get an appointment I may run down to L.A. on Thursday night and get them installed on Friday.

Next up is the GS blower kit with the big boost and larger 65lb injectors. If they ever get their kit completed and tuned so they can ship out all the kits that are on order.

I would like to get the interior kit from 22Elite with some dark gray suede inserts in the middle of the front seats.

Eibach struts and shocks to control the damping and rebound.

After that, I want to get the VES for the kids once it is released

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:47 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Since we are showing compare pics hahahaah

Roof rack and side mouldings taken off. When I took the roof rack off, I found rust already started on the base of the bolts that stuck up to hold on the rack.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/E87371E6DBC84E1AB4D571E7F4C83B89.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:58 AM
65standard
All Star

why did you guys buy roof racks and then take them off. when i ordered mine, the rack was an option, not standard. i wish i could have ordered mine without the rear wiper, but that was standard on all models. i tried to order it delete, but couldn't.

Quick Reply: NEW Magnum aftermarket Grills!