Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

REAR WILWOOD BRAKE INSTALLED PHOTOS

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 10:01 PM
armadillo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REAR WILWOOD BRAKE INSTALLED PHOTOS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,Todd at TCE Performance has been working on the rear kit for the Magnums and 300cto go with the Wilwood kit developed with the 6 piston caliper. It is done, and the rear is installed on my Magnum. Feel, is great, with a change from the stock braking ratio of 75% front and 25% to a more balanced number (more rear brake than stock) the car seems to just squat and stop, a big reduction in front nose dive. Stops are even and sure. Here are photos of the installed product. The red caliper to match the front is not available, I did them myself (power coated red and hand painted white lettering) (I can do this through Todd at TCE if you want a set in red to match the front) PM me for details.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:18 AM
grinner
All Star
Default RE: REAR WILWOOD BRAKE INSTALLED PHOTOS

awesome.
your car freakin rocks, man.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:24 AM
maneval69

armadillo

Have you tested the traction control?
I've noticed that the stock brakes (on my RT) can not keep both tires spinning if you are turning with a lot of weight shift to one side. The brake on the inside wheel is not strong enough to compensate for the traction difference.

If these brakes have better grip they may not eliminate the problem but could improve the Donut factor.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:52 AM
armadillo
Rookie

ORIGINAL: maneval69

armadillo

Have you tested the traction control?
I've noticed that the stock brakes (on my RT) can not keep both tires spinning if you are turning with a lot of weight shift to one side. The brake on the inside wheel is not strong enough to compensate for the traction difference.

If these brakes have better grip they may not eliminate the problem but could improve the Donut factor.
Haven't tried side spin, straight line only so far, but it should be better, I'll check it out in a few days.

Old 04-10-2005, 03:14 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Great brakes and good looks also, dare I ask what it cost you?

Bob

Old 04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
grinner
All Star

you can get this set up for just over 2k, I believe.
That right, dillo?

Old 04-11-2005, 02:55 PM
armadillo
Rookie

The kits for both front and rear - calipers and all hardware pads etc is $2000 in black, red will cost about $300 more.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Pentagon Magnum
Rookie

Dill, those brakes look sweet. I'd also like to know how they work with the traction control, who installed them and the cost of installation (if you don't mind).
Gotta like the name Todd and TCE Performance...my name is Todd and my initials are TCE. Does he have a website and what other performance options does he offer?

Old 04-19-2005, 05:47 PM
armadillo
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Pentagon Magnum

Dill, those brakes look sweet. I'd also like to know how they work with the traction control, who installed them and the cost of installation (if you don't mind).
Gotta like the name Todd and TCE Performance...my name is Todd and my initials are TCE. Does he have a website and what other performance options does he offer?
The brake are available from TCE the website is http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/
If you call Todd will answer the phone, because mine was the first install, Todd and I worked for a bit getting the parts right. I didn't pay for install, it isn't hard though and Todd puts everything you need in the package, along with good directions. They work great, everything is seamless and traction control braking is great, greatly reduced nose dive, just squats and stops.

Quick Reply: REAR WILWOOD BRAKE INSTALLED PHOTOS