Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

TB spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:03 AM
MY HEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB spacer?

What is the real advantage of this spacer? Are they hard to install? Would i notice any gain with the few mods I have???

Old 04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: TB spacer?

My Hemi,
OK, what is a TB Spacer?

Old 04-14-2005, 02:13 AM
phil385

TB = Throttle Body

It is a little 1" or so spacer that goes between the throttle body and the intake manifold i think. Or whatever the throttle body bolts to. They are supposed to swirl the air or something to make the fuel mix better. I really am not too sure about this, never bought one, never used one.....don't think it will really make any noticable difference except for a little whistle. I'd rather save my money for cold-air intake and exhaust.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:45 AM
MY HEMI
Rookie

Thanks guy's I already have exhaust and the K&N CAI on my car just heard of people using the TB spacer just was curious if it would help...

Old 04-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Husker
Professional

I put on of those on my 2000 Jeep Wrangler....all I can say is save the money for a mod that will matter...I think I wasted a couple hundred bucks for nothing. But it does sound like a turbo spinning up at high revs [8D]

Old 04-16-2005, 01:28 AM
magnuman
Rookie

DCX did a great job designing the intake on our Hemi engines. You could possibly loose power by installing a throttle body spacer. This is a quote out of a Popular Hot Rodding article on the design of our Hemi engines. I've boldfaced the key areas.
"The resulting intake looks like a work of art for the end user and a nightmare for the tool and die maker. The system has a tuned length from the filter to the plenum and from here each port runner to valve is a tuned length. Computer modeling and dyno testing has allowed the ports, plenum and filter-to-plenum runner length and diameter/volume to be sized near optimally for a wide power band consistent with street performance needs. The end product proved capable of delivering cooler air than an aluminum manifold while only restricting the intake port 10 percent at full valve lift. That is about the same as a good aftermarket performance intake."
This is why most mods. people are doing DO NOT bring huge gains in power or mileage. Hope this helps in your decision making.

Quick Reply: TB spacer?