Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Bumpsteer

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:11 AM
batex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpsteer

Does anyone have a fix for bumpsteering that I find my RT has? It is kinda annoying considering the price I paid for this car. I expect it from my Jeep, but not the Magnum. [:@]

Could it be related to the alignment issues of the car? I will be a the dealer for my radiator recall on Wed so I will ask them, but I kinda wanted to be informed before with ya'lls thoughts.

Thanks for the help, batex

Old 04-12-2005, 12:09 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bumpsteer

These cars don't have any bumpsteer??? Possibly you are confused with the definitions of suspension terminology. They do have some steering feedback form the excessive caster they run, kind of liker a shopping cart when it hits a bump...that one front wheel gets a little crazy for a minute, same affect. The LX runs 10* of caster, the only other car produced running that much is the Mercedes (coincidence?), why I don't know.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:18 AM
batex

Ok so maybe its not bumpsteer, but when I am driving and I hit a bump, the steering wheel actually moves. So I thought.... bumpsteer. Since I'm not a car guy, I guess I shouldn't think.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Old 04-13-2005, 08:59 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Batex,
You posted this yesterday. When did you buy the RT? When was your RT made? I have heard of the Radiator Recall and Alignment issues with the RT, but those were all old threads. I bought mine last year and it was made the Friday after election day, 11/05/04. No recalls at all for my car. No alignment issues with my car. Reading the threads, I assumed Dodge worked out the Bugs prior to 11/05/04. As for my Steering, I do have VERY sensitive steering. I can feel every crease in the Pavement. That's what you get when you get the performance package. SE and STX drivers don't have the sensitive steering issues. They may have alignment issues... But that's for another thread. Anyway, let me know the Build date of your RT, as it seems very odd to make the fix for the radiator bracket recall and then install another broken one after the fact. Doesn't make sense, please reply.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/C834FF5CCCCE4695A5C7AE10A37370B1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2005, 02:14 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure I already answered your question.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:57 PM
batex

ORIGINAL: dodgemech

These cars don't have any bumpsteer??? Possibly you are confused with the definitions of suspension terminology. They do have some steering feedback form the excessive caster they run, kind of liker a shopping cart when it hits a bump...that one front wheel gets a little crazy for a minute, same affect. The LX runs 10* of caster, the only other car produced running that much is the Mercedes (coincidence?), why I don't know.
dodgemech,

if it is this excessive caster, is there any way to fix it? Pardon my ignorance, I was just curious.

batex

Old 04-15-2005, 12:01 AM
batex

2005 Mag,

I will have to find my build date and as far as I know, I don't have the performance group. But I do notice that it does follow all the lines in the road as you mentioned. I guess I'm just too used to my Jeep and not used to driving a performance car.

batex

Quick Reply: Bumpsteer