Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 02:28 AM
grinner
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: front license plate bracket

I think I'd rather get a ticket.[:@]

Old 04-24-2005, 02:38 AM
undropped
Veteran

i would leave it off, but was pulled over twice last week for not having one, no ticket luckily just warnings but why push it a

Old 04-24-2005, 02:45 AM
obiwan

97K miles in my 300M and was only stopped 1 time for not having current tags on the rear plate. I know the front plate is required 5200 CVC (California Vehicle Code), I think it is a bum law and if I get stopped, I have enough friends in the business to have it signed off fixed or not

Old 04-24-2005, 02:51 AM
undropped
Veteran

yeah, thats cool, but for some reason here in texas they are pretty strict, 3 times in magnum, lost count in gran prix
oh well, i have been thinkin about filling the fog light holes and offseting the plate to one side

Old 04-26-2005, 03:31 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: obiwan

97K miles in my 300M and was only stopped 1 time for not having current tags on the rear plate. I know the front plate is required 5200 CVC (California Vehicle Code), I think it is a bum law and if I get stopped, I have enough friends in the business to have it signed off fixed or not
Yeah, me too. However, as stated earlier CA is changing the way that law is enforced from a fix it ticket to a moving violation....big fine. No warnings either is my understanding. The cities are losing too much money from the cameras not being able to identify cars that violate video speed and red light cameras.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 PM
VegasHemi
Professional

Here in Las Vegas, Metro is checking parking lots for no front plates. A friend of mine got a 75.00 fine for no plate while at his kids soccer game. It's not a moving violation, but it's not a "just fix it" ticket either. The fine is being enforced!

Old 04-26-2005, 10:34 PM
qzking
Professional

I don't know if you mean, does the dealer or mfg. have to supply front license plate brackets or not, but as far as front plates go in Calif., I've been ticketed twice. It's the law. I just wire tied it to the grill and then removed it after I got the ticket signed off. Apparently they're going to enforce it more due to all of the red light cameras they're installing.
KK

ORIGINAL: old Bob N.E. CA

Does anyone have the straight scoop on the California law on the requirements for front license brackets?

Old 04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
magnitude

Went 5 years in my VW Passat and the wife got 2 years in her MB C320 before we were both hit in the same month for not having our front plates. No fix it tickets, out right fines. Only had to pay the minimum $10 instead of the $30 on the ticket. When I get my 06 Magnum, I'm gonna take my chances and not put the front plate on.

Quick Reply: front license plate bracket