Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:56 PM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front license plate bracket

Does anyone have the straight scoop on the California law on the requirements for front license brackets?

Old 04-15-2005, 12:37 AM
illy
Professional
Default RE: front license plate bracket

Bob,

They are required... End of story...

Does that mean I always have one on... Welllllll no...

There are some cities that don't care at all (they usually don't have photo lights), the CHP has never given me grief over it, but then there are crazy little enclaves of evil like Davis and Woodland that will cite you the second you park your car for missing front plates. I hate it when front license brackets drill into the grill or bumper of a car (like on the 1993-2002 Camaro) but when the car is built for it (think C5 Corvette) it isn't such a big deal. The magnum looks like having a front license bracket was an afterthought. It is huge, matte black and ugly. I have not unscrewed it to see how it is mounted. If it leaves big holes in the bumper I am putting it back on and crying. haha...

Old 04-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Black RT
Professional

I live in Ky and front display of licence plate is not a law. When I found the my Magnum I wanted on dealer search the first thing I asked was have you install the front licence bracket. They said no, so it was a sale. Some dealer install bracket and put there company tag on it.[:'(]

Old 04-15-2005, 02:42 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, new law going into effect. ALL cars must be equipped with provisions for and have at all times a front and rear license plate. It seems the video cameras are having a hard time identifying speeders and red light runners without a front plate. LEO are going to start being hard *** about it. Not a fix-it ticket, it will be a fine.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:29 AM
phil385

Bad news too, the dealer already had mine installed when i picked my car up and when I took it off......BAM.....two big holes drilled right in the front bumper. Looks pretty bad honestly. I wasn't too happy but have left it off anyway. I live in Texas where they are required but I don't get any grief except by the state troopers - been warned twice by them but never ticketed.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:20 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Here in Florida, we only have the rear license plate, none in front.

My dealer was nice enough to ask me if I wanted the front license bracket installed, I said NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have no holes in my front bumper................sweet.

If fact I even removed the bracket from my wife's Crown Victoria.

Later,

Bob

Old 04-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Cabo Mag

Yep, its required, the CHP nailed my wife in one of our delivery vans in Mammoth for not having a front plate (it had fallen off a couple years before, somewhere). Coronado Island will ticket you for it, in the San Diego area. So we just don't go there....

Old 04-15-2005, 03:04 PM
illy
Professional

I was followed on the freeway by a beautiful grey magnum RT this morning, no front plate and boy does that look sharp. I took a long look at my bracket this morning and had to shake my head. No biggie I guess but I wish there was a better looking bracket or one that didn't require holes drilled into the plastic.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:34 PM
LtlDad
Professional

I noticed a PT Cruiser with their plate on the passenger visor. The visor was turned down so it was visible through the windshield. Not sure if it was legal, but seemed to work.

Might be an option?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:23 AM
undropped
Veteran

how bout this simple mod, i figured i already had holes in the bumper and a drill so why not

[IMG]local://upfiles/13151/8DB9A281705F45BDB1C32A80E6540D23.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: front license plate bracket