Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

05 RT brake rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 05:34 PM
gwhiz1time205
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 RT brake rotors

Has anyone experienced scoring on the brake rotor faces? This is my toy and is only driven when the sun is shining and I want to show off. This car is nearly a year old and only has 6k miles on it. ( I don't show off often) . However back to the point, occassionally I hear a grinding noise similar to brake pads against rotor, and, the face on three of the four rotors has some scoring. Not gouged out like a broken or damaged pad might cause, but visible and roughing of the rotor face. When I took it into the dealer service department they of course couldn't find or hear the grinding noise so their solution was very simple don't do anything. I hate to resort to contacting the zone office before trying some other solutions first. Any input sure would be appreciated.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:59 PM
MagnumRT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 05 RT brake rotors

I have 8,000 miles on my RT and have no problems, do you park car inside or outside?

If you park outside, the moisture may be forming rust on the surface of rotors, hence scoring?

Are you an easy driver on the brakes? Do you drive hard?

I tend to be an easy driver and easy on the brakes, anticipate stopping and coast a lot.

Hope you find the problem...............

Bob

Quick Reply: 05 RT brake rotors