Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

avic D1

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:00 AM
SPANKYSPL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: avic D1

Give this a try......By the way, we have installed two of these units, they are very nice!

http://peripheralelectronics.com/2002/steering.asp

Old 05-18-2005, 12:30 AM
digitalebola
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: avic D1

I was looking at the AVIC D1 for the XM traffic feature. A few comments - Some folks have mounted a CD changer under the passenger seat (avoiding th electronics of course). The specs on the unit say it can use the wired remote unit CD-SR11 which I can find no info on. If it could be connected to the Periphrial Electronics stuff it would be great - but it appears to work with IR remotes which the AVIC does not have.

I sent a note to Pioneer yesterday

Do you have pictures of the AVIC D1 installed in the Dodge Magnum? I looked on the tour site and did not see any. Also - is there an interface that will allow you to control the device through the steering wheel controls of the Magnum.

and here is what they said (It states on the web site that they have a Magnum test vehicle on tour of NA)

They acctually sent 2 replies - here was the first

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the AVIC-D1 installed in a Dodge Magnum. The AVIC-D1 is controlled by touch screen, therefore a remote will not operate it.

here was the second.

Sorry, we do not have any pictures of it and we have no interface to make it work with the controls of the vehicle as this unit is mainly a touch screen unit. Call 310-952-2000 and ask for marketing see if they have any pictures they can share.

I would love this unit but the big killer for me is price (I already have the factory NAV unit). Other factors - having to get an external CD changer and mounting it, and lack of steering wheel controls.

The plus would be getting rid of SIRIUS and going with XM! Having many more points of interest. Touch screen! The traffic watcher stuff!!

If I had the money to drop AND the control issue were worked out I would do it in a heart beat!