Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum RT AWD Wheels Finally On

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:17 AM
FlatEric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum RT AWD Wheels Finally On

I received my wheels a week or so ago, and the tires came in and now they are mounted and looking pretty good, I think.

The wheels are MKW MK20s, 18 x 7.5 with 45 offset. The tires are the Pirelli P7 225/60/18 100W. Note I stayed stock size with the wheels (except for the slight offset difference) and tires to maintain height for one, and to improve the ride. I had the Conti 4x4 tires so ride (and noise) improvement were probably the easy part.

I still have a mesh grill and the K&N setup in my garage, just need to find some time to get those on. I have recently moved and my honeydoo list seems to get longer every day.

The wheels are from bigcustomwheels.com (or 1000rims.com) and the tires were obtained and mounted by my local friendly German Chrysler dealer.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:31 PM
StatueMan
Rookie
Default RE: Magnum RT AWD Wheels Finally On

FlatEric, looks good. Nice wheel design. I thought about the Zinik wheels in a similar design but opted for the MC2 wheels. Did the local tires work out to about the same cost as shipping from the states? I bought a set of "German" tires (DOT approved) back in 2002...actually, there's hardly anything "American" or "German" or "Japanese" anymore. I also drive a 05 Crossfire...open the hood and much of it's in German (MB drive train), so...
Anyway, did you get the E&G mesh grille, by chance?

Old 05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

StatueMan,

I first ordered the Zinik wheels, then bigcustomwheels.com could not get those, so these were my next choice.

The tires cost Euro 150 each, package deal, mounted, balanced, and installed, without the VAT. The AAFES garage wanted $250 each plus mounting/balance etc.

I don't think these tires are available in the states, I was unable to find anyone that listed that size, except for the Conti models.

And yes, that is the grill I have, along with the inserts for the lower openings...maybe this weekend I'll have a chance to get that on. A few holes have to be drilled into the facia, which scares me....

By the way, bigcustomwheels.com charged $36 each for shipping the wheels to my APO address, and the actual cost to ship was $35.76, so they made nothing on the shipping, a rarity these days, normally we are way overcharged for shipping.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
darkrt
Professional

Eric, glad you finally got em on. Looks great!

Old 05-03-2005, 06:20 AM
StatueMan
Rookie

FlatEric

If you try tackling the grille yourself, I'd appreciate any info on the particulars. I'm interested in purchasing that grille as well but need to get my wheels, RK hood, and Eibach springs on first. Any info on "how to" would be appreciated especially if it involves mods to the car (drilling, etc).

And you're right about the shipping. The RK hood shipping is almost as much as the hood itself! It amazes me the number of businesses in the US that actually have no method of shipping to Europe at all or don't realize that we actually have post offices here. I recently had a time with a business that would not accept my credit card because it was "overseas"...despite being a US bank card, a US zip, and having all the data confirmed. I ended up sending them a USPS money order. So much for the global economy.

Quick Reply: Magnum RT AWD Wheels Finally On