Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Interior Cleaning Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Magman3
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Cleaning Issues

I have the hardest time cleaning all of the plastics on the doors and the dash. Everything I use seems to leave spots unless I drench all over. I've used ArmorAll and a Maguire's cleaner with no luck. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, have you found a product that seems to work better than others?

Old 05-02-2005, 11:50 AM
maneval69
Default RE: Interior Cleaning Issues

I believe your supposed to us a mild soap and water and never use Armoral on the dash, it is an anti glare finish that is intended to be dull. I believe all the soft surface areas are intended to be dull.
I got this information from one of these LX forums. I believe it's in the manual somewhere.

Of coarse mopar sells a cleaner.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

After I clean my windows, I just use a leftover damp paper towel to wipe the dash down.

Works for me.

Bob

Old 05-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Cabo Mag

Adams has a product like Armor-all for plastic, rubber. I can't remember the name of it, but I use it on my dash & other interior parts. It works great, goes on evenly.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Magman 3,
Are you cleaning the Interior in Good Weather (70 Degrees) or Cold Weather (65 Degrees or lower)? Temperature may be an issue, but I wouldn't think so. I use Armor-All Low Shine for all of my interior, less the Leather, Glass, Chrome and Instrument Gauges. The Low Shine gives a 'Dull' shine to the Dash and Interior Door Panels.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:06 PM
illy
Professional

I am a no shine interior fan as well. Warm soapy water works great, as does the damp cloth after you wipe down your windows. Glossy dashes are really bad when you are driving.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:28 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

Whatever you use, DONT use ArmorAll. I was one of the winners of a class action lawsuit against them back in the 80s. Using it regularly on my brand new 86 Mustang, they had to pay for a complete new interior due to it drying out and cracking the seats, door panels and dash. I dont know if they changed the forumla, but I wont even use it on go kart tires. It makes everything look shiney, but it takes out the natural preservatives in the vinyl and plastic and the stitching. Also makes a dust magnet of anything you do put it on.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Rockadile
Rookie

Lexol also has a product for this. You should be able to pick it up at any parts store.

Quick Reply: Interior Cleaning Issues