Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Anybody put a Aftermarket Head Unit in a Magnum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:45 AM
theoppositeofsuicide
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody put a Aftermarket Head Unit in a Magnum?

Just curious if anybody has put an aftermarket head unit in a magnum. What does the harness look like? Is it one plug or two. I tried connecting one today but got no power. The harness is the one used for Chrysler 2002 and up. It's only one plug but when i disconnencted the stock radio there were two plugs into and then the plug for the antenna. Any Ideas?

Old 05-12-2005, 05:01 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody put a Aftermarket Head Unit in a Magnum?

what i used is an 04 durango and up harness. The second plug is for the computer buss that runs through the whole car. There is no switch(red on aftermarket harnesses) at the cars harness. I had to tap off of the cig lighter. I have a thread called "tappig cig lighter" or something like it. Just look down and you will see it. The 04 durango mounting adapter also is need to get the head unit into the dash. They may be listing the magnums now on the aftermarket kits. I bet you are just missing the ingition power. Here's a link to the thread tapping for power

Quick Reply: Anybody put a Aftermarket Head Unit in a Magnum?