Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Wondering...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Cabo Mag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wondering...

Hey Bob, lighten up.. I'm 54 & I guess you could say that I "Pimped" my RT.
I love this car and I love the mods I put on this car.
Dodge came ou with a car that is perfect for "pimping"
And i say its about time!

Old 05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
illy
Professional

Hi Bob, gang.

I am a younger middle aged guy of 33 and can relate to both sides of the spectrum. I love classic muscle cars, especially mopars more than anything, but I also enjoy modern compact sports cars such as the Subaru WRX and the Nissan Skyline (Infiniti G35 here). Though I don't fall into the "pimped ride" or lowrider / import show-off scene, sometimes you just have to step back and agree that hey, this is America, and we are all allowed to do things differently. I wouldn't have it any other way really and I am sure you wouldn't either.

This thread reminds me of the time my grandfather took me along with him to one of the Shriners parades. We were lined up behind a local lowrider club in the parade. Now my grandfather at the time was in his mid 60's and couldn't be any different than the guys in the lowrider club but once the two groups started intermingling before the parade started moving it was nothing but compliments and handshakes and admiration. I guess where I am going is if we could all magically be teleported to a parking lot with all of the different interpretations of what the Magnum should be, we would probably all walk around, talk and have a great time.

Old 05-18-2005, 05:20 PM
TOPPER 345

Hi Bob, greetings from another Northern California guy who has reached an age of understanding, (80).

Like you I am happy to keep my R/T stock, but in my younger days I never drove a stock car.

I had my fun with all kinds of " hot rods", but cars were easier to modify then and I'm sure many sensible people thought we were crazy. So I understand why some of the younger drivers want to have a car different from the next guy's.

I don't see why anyone would want to lower the Magnum, my god it is too low now. I also don't like the skinny tires, but thats just my age talking I guess.

So Bob, I guess I share your feelings but I understand why some drivers are proud of the Mods done to their cars.

Bob , stick around here, I enjoy your posts. If you see a Magnesium Pearl flying along Hwy. 101 north of Santa Rosa , wave.

Jim

Old 05-19-2005, 02:03 AM
undropped
Veteran

two things bob, i am 24 and single

Quick Reply: Wondering...