Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Wondering...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:21 AM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wondering...

Magnum forum members…

I know I will receive a lot of flak from this post. Probably this may be my last entry on this forum.

I have always asked questions that I would think that others would respond to as things that are pertinent to the Magnum car.
It seems that most persons on this forum are “Pimping” their cars. How could anyone drive a car that is so low to the ground that no way could you travel with this car?
Wheels, hoods, flames, stripes, and all that B.S. that really does not improve the car and it’s performance is a farce.
If you want to be a “ricer”, then do all this stuff to your car.

I think that that the R/T Magnum as it comes from the factory is a pretty good example of what the car manufacturers can produce for the buying public. It has been a long time since I even considered buying a new car. I bought a Magnum as it made me think about how cars used to be. Of course, we all want our cars to be different from the next guy’s. Great. But don’t make it a silly looking thing that most persons would say “Why did that guy screw up his car?”.

Anyhow, can anyone explain to me why people will spend thousands of dollars to make their car a pimpmobile?

Maybe I have reached an age of understanding. (72). Or that my generation is about to be gone, and taken over by people that are pretty ostentatious.

Old Bob from the wilderness of northern California.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 AM
armadillo
Rookie
Default RE: Wondering...

Bob, Bob, Bob...... You are maybe at and age of misunderstanding and lack of tolerance for other peoples ideas, I am older also, but making a ride your own is as old as you and I are, hell put Moon hubcaps and a racoon tail on the antena (if it had one) maybe a sucide **** on the steering wheel .. [] Lighten up, I think so of the ideas are cool and all for me but cool none the less

Old 05-18-2005, 12:40 AM
MARKR54
Rookie

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

Old 05-18-2005, 12:47 AM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie

You are right. I had moon hubcaps with flippers on my 1941 Chev coupe. Nothing on the antenna though. Always worked on that old 216 until I put a 270 Jimmy in it with a dual Edmonds manifold, a Mallory ignition and beat a lot of Mercs and Fords for the first three or four blocks. To low geared for high speed.
Maybe I am to critical on all these new mods. Everyone to their own taste I say.

Bob

Old 05-18-2005, 01:12 AM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree with you Bob, the little rubber band tires and 'hot-wheels' looking wheels are what floats some folks boat, but I kinda like the old-school look of the torque thrust american racing wheels - 'mags' we called 'em back in the day :-) I might do them someday, but I really like the stock RT wheels.

Glasspacks? Darn Tooting! Nobody to tell me 'No'! - and subtle yet effictive upgrades to the intake, and those Eiabch springs - these forums are invaluable (I subsrcibe to 3) - my RT looks, sounds a just flat GOES like no car I've owned. The total package I have right now is how I feel that Dodge should have shipped it from Canada (driving an import now, Eh?)

Be easy on them Bob, they're kids yet :-)

Mike

Old 05-18-2005, 12:10 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Bob,

As another "mature" guy, I understand what you are saying. I don't want to lower my car or to buy bigger wheels and tires, but I do understand that we all have different ideas of what we want on our cars.

Just read the posts that appeal to you and ignore the ones that don't catch your interest.

The only thing I want to do to my RT is to make it faster, but reliable.

I have put on some FlowMaster mufflers, and installed a cold air intake. The only thing I want now (as soon as it comes out) is to reprogram the computer for more horsepower.

Oh, I did tint the front windows darker to match the rear windows.

Bob, there are other Magnum Sites that might be better for you, but please don't leave this site. This is the one that I view the most.

I miss the old days when you could tune up your car with simple hand tools, but these new cars run so much better and get good gas mileage.

Bob

Old 05-18-2005, 12:42 PM
via500
Professional

Are you ready for this???
I use my Magnum as a station wagon to haul stuff.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:07 PM
johnnyb1911

Im 25 I did not have a old hot rod to play with like all of you old guys so this is my HOT ROD. That is what makes this country so great. I can buy stuff with my money and put it on my car and who cares what old people think. Most of us don't "rice" out our magnum.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:13 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

I don't own a Magnum but I own a PT Cruiser...hell, you should see what some of us old farts are doing to our PTs!

To each his/her own...if 'ya got the dough (and your wife's blessing!), go for it!

Old 05-18-2005, 01:32 PM
grinner
All Star

wow, bob
funny you used the word 'pimp'. I featured my pimpmobile in a show called "pimp my account" just yesterday:
http://grinnerhester.com/magnum.mov
Ever painted your house or bought your wife a dress? Do you comb whats left of your hair? Take a bath?
Things just look better with pride, man.

aint nobody trying to force you to pimp yer ride, man.
so... don't be hatin' those of us who simply love doing it as a hobby.
There are far worse things we could do with out time and money. This is good clean fun, man.

Quick Reply: Wondering...