Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Buying a HEMI Magnum

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Firzen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Buying a HEMI Magnum

I am buying a 5.7L Hemi Magnum and wanted to ask "the guys who know about it" what faults to look for first? It's a 2005 Magnum with the standard package i suppose, leather seats though. Mileage is 47,000.

Any suggestions on what to look out for are appreciated!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Charger400
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to check your transmission line just below the are intake. There's a TSB regarding a leaking seal. I found mine was leaking when I went to put on my K&N CAI. Covered under warranty.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
John Codman
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the so-called "permamently" lubricated outer tie rod ends. Also the ball and socket joints in the front end strut rods may be loose. My bride and I have two Magnum RTs; we have had no engine or driveline issues with either. The Seimans-manufactured radio in our 2005 Magnum experienced a total failure of the CD player. It was not warrantied, and the parts dept. at the dealer indicated that this type of failure is common. It cost over $400 to get a rebuilt replacement - that is an exchange price. The single CD player in the "new" radio is beginning to act wierd after a little over a year. The six-CD player in my wife's 2008 Magnum has been fine. Her 2008 Magnnum has a chronic creaking lower driver's door hinge that no amount of lubrication seems to stop. Overall we love the cars, but there are a couple of areas that could have been designed better for very little additional cost.

Quick Reply: Buying a HEMI Magnum