Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALSO FO

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:51 PM
LEEREED123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALSO FO

I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALSO FOR THE MAGNUM. I WANT TO USE THE SMALLER SIRUIS MICRO ANTANNA ON MY THE VERY BACK OF MAGNUM... WILL IT PLUG IN TO THE FACTORY KIT? WHAT COMES WITH THE INSTALL KIT? ANYBODY DONE THIS? I DONT WANT TO ORDER SOMETHING I DONT NEED... BUT I WANT TO OPERATE IT THROUGH THE HEAD UNIT [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 05-18-2005, 08:08 PM
digitalebola
Default RE: I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALSO FO

I just today took out the Sirius radio in my Magnum! I do not know 100% what is in the kit but here is how things are laid out.

The factory sharkfin antenna comes thorugh the roof and down the drivers (left) side of the vehicle. Behind the plastic side panel and under the insulation is the radio reciever unit. The antenna leeds plug in there. From the unit is a 12pin cable harness that runs under the backseat, under the carpet and into the dash. This terminates in a 10 pin plug that goes in the back of the radio.

I guess the install kit is the bracket that holds the reciever in place in the back, the antenna and the wires.

I can take some pics if you like.

OH!! About the antena. I think the smaller antenna uses a single plug. The Sirius unit that I pulled out of my Magnum uses 2 plugs. I know that there are adapters out there for converting from one to two (Terk modle (SIR-SP).

Cheers

John

Old 05-18-2005, 08:29 PM
digitalebola
Default RE: I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALSO FO

Pictures here http://www.letsgoredwings.org/magnum/stereo/stereo.htm

Old 05-18-2005, 09:10 PM
LtlDad
Professional
Default RE: I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALS

DIGITALEBOLA - Why did you remove the unit and are you selling it? I am looking to purchase, as well. I too had questions, so this helps, alot, thanks.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
digitalebola
Default RE: I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALS

ORIGINAL: LtlDad

DIGITALEBOLA - Why did you remove the unit and are you selling it? I am looking to purchase, as well. I too had questions, so this helps, alot, thanks.
I really want an XM radio - not Sirius. I should know if my solution works tommorow. If it does not then I will have to lay out big bucks or get over it!!!

I will post results tommorow or friday and give you dibs if I decide to sell.

Old 05-19-2005, 12:37 AM
JetJam

ORIGINAL: digitalebola

I really want an XM radio - not Sirius. I should know if my solution works tommorow. If it does not then I will have to lay out big bucks or get over it!!!

I will post results tommorow or friday and give you dibs if I decide to sell.
XM should have a unit soon for the stock radio, see here http://www.xmradio.com/xm_direct/factory_installed.jsp

Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 AM
digitalebola

ORIGINAL: JetJam

XM should have a unit soon for the stock radio, see here http://www.xmradio.com/xm_direct/factory_installed.jsp
I should have that in my hands by 11:00AM tommorow!!! It is not gaurunteed to work with the REC system though.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:10 AM
digitalebola

ORIGINAL: digitalebola

ORIGINAL: JetJam

I should have that in my hands by 11:00AM tommorow!!! It is not gaurunteed to work with the REC system though.
The XM adapter unit XMDCHY100 does NOT work with the REC headunit in the Magnums. This was confirmed by the manufacturer. I already ordered it and I can confirm that this is so.

They said the protocol in use by the headunits in DC vehicles (excluding the LX's and Durango's) is a J1850 Data Bus. The LX's and the Durango are using the CAN-C bus (as mentioned by others). Audiovox (owners of Terk) said they are developing a unit for the LX's but would not comment on a time frame.

Old 05-22-2005, 12:25 AM
MARKR54
Rookie

I JUST HAD MY FACTORY UNIT REMOVED - THE SIRIUS TUNER THAT IS - U CAN HAVE IT FOR NOTHIN IF U COVER MY SHIPPING COSTS - EMAIL ME AT MARKR54@GMAIL.COM

Old 05-23-2005, 02:25 AM
LtlDad
Professional

MARKR54 - Let me know how to get some funds to you....sent an email and PM to you already.

The more brackets/antenna/wires the better....

Quick Reply: I'M THINKING OF ORDERING THE FACTORY SIRIUS KIT FOR MY R/T. I SAW THAT I NEED AN INSTALL KIT ALSO FO