Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

intermittent problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
JFK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittent problem

hey guys I'm extremely new here and I've been searching the net for about 2 hours now to find out about this problem I've been having.

I own a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, 5.7L HEMI RWD and every once in a while my car won't start, it will turn over but won't start... I have to play with the connectors going to the front power distribution center and then it'll start... and when I'm driving down the road in town it feels like it's missing a beat, so to speak, power will drop off and kick back in about 3 to 4 times and return to normal. At idle the car sounds perfect so not really sure what to make of it... hope u guys can help me.

Thanks
Jamie

Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 PM
JFK

and another thing is that earlier today a friend and I were trying to figure it out and he had to pump the gas peddle, like the old carb engines, in order for it to start... I was wondering if it could be my fuel rails and injectors... let me know if that sounds about right or if I'm totally in left field... thanks again guys

Jamie

Old 08-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Ramdit
Amateur

There isnt any throttle cable on the car and the blade is controlled by the pcm. Im not sure if it opens and closes with the pedal when its not running, but I dont think so. If it will always start when you wiggle the harness by the pdc, I would check for a pinched or loose wire or loose or corroded ground termination point in that area.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:48 PM
JodiMoz

I am experiencing the same problem with my 07' Magnum. Mechanics are havin a hard time with it. Were you ever able to figure it out? Would be a great help, thanks!

Quick Reply: intermittent problem