Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Factory Order Delayed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 02:50 AM
cherokee2217
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Order Delayed

About a week ago I put together an order for a 06 Magnum at my local dealership. It was assigned order status: BA and given a VON. Today, general manager called me up and told me the factory had reassigned my order status to: BG which means that my order will just sit in a queue until the beginning of July. He talked about how all orders previous to mine will be "built out" to clear the assembly line for maintenance and retooling which could take up to a month. The disconnect in this process is why would Dodge not do this at a clean break point as when they change from model year 05 to 06? It would appear 06s have been rolling out for about a month now. Does anyone have an explanation for this delay?

Old 05-24-2005, 01:25 PM
MagnumSXT
Professional
Default RE: Factory Order Delayed

Sounds like you're getting a "real" 06, where the ones out now are 05's with some of the 06 stuff. I think up until now you weren't getting the 06 radio (with audio input) for example on your new 06.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:07 PM
MattRobertson
Professional

What Magnum SXT said. Be happy (I know its hell to have to wait). This probably also means you're getting the fold-flat front seat I would think.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:01 AM
old school
Rookie

sound good to me. Ordered my 05 in november. Drove home my 06 yesterday. 06 New emblems, 06 express drivers window, 06 tire pres monitoring, but no fold flat front pass seat. When the smile wears off some time in a year or two I'll go back and complain

Old 05-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Jim_Jim

Hi Cherkoee2217.

From what I have read in various forums, you will likely be getting one of the first "real 2006" Magnums. If you are ordering an SXT model, it is likely that you can order the 5-speed automatic as an option. This is the car I have been waiting for. As I'm sure you know, the US CAFE standards and high demand for Hemi's caused an early sell out of the 2005 quota of low MPG V8's. The 2006 production coming off the line today is a patchwork of 2005 tooling and parts, plus some 2006 options. As usual, you will be getting the first production off a new assembly flow, and probably some better parts and some cost reduced parts. I'm hoping that the steering will be improved and the SXT will get a Touring or Sport option that includes the HT suspension and brakes. .

Old 05-27-2005, 03:10 AM
dll2k4

With the early introduction of the Charger all LX's at Brampton moved to the '06 model year at the same time (March 29th as I recall).
One owner reported on the Brampton web site having the fold flat front passenger seat, delivered a couple of weeks ago.
I am taking delivery in about 3 weeks and will let you know..

Old 06-04-2005, 12:06 AM
cherokee2217

Hey all. Here's an update. I decided to call Brampton, Ontario, today, where Magnums are assembled. I talked to a person in a department named "scheduling." I asked him if the assembly line was down for any reason and he said no, Magnums were rolling off 6 days a week. I explained to him that my local Dodge general manager said it was going to be down for the better part of June, and asked if he could possibly look up the status of my order with the VON I supplied to him. After a few seconds he asked if it was an AWD, and I told him it was. He said that no AWD Magnums will be made until September at the earliest. He was unable to tell me why. So, if anyone has heard of problems with the current AWD design or parts availability issues, please let us know.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Factory Order Delayed