Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2006 Dodge Magnum AWD Brake Rotor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:11 PM
xkeots
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 Dodge Magnum AWD Brake Rotor Problem

Hi ALL,

I need to know if anyone here has had this problem. I have had 4 sets of rotors put into my 2006 Magnum AWD and I will soon be needing a 5th. The rotors keep on warping and my brake pedal and steering wheel keep on shaking again on the highway stopping at about 55-65.
The 3rd time cost me a lot of money, the last time was 2 months ago.
I don't get it, the dealer changes the rotors but keeps the old pads on as they still have a lot of meat.

Thanks
Jack
2006 Magnum AWD

Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Tarmac Wizard

Sounds to me like you may have a problem with your calipers.
I'd ask to see the rotors next time, or at least take your car to a different shop.

Unless you're putting 60k miles a year, that just isn't normal.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:24 AM
old school
Rookie

Similar problem here. brought in my 06 RT AWD with 28000 to fix a broken parking brake and bad oxygen sensor. from what I can gather around the net these brakes are junk. From substandard metal in the rotors to bad calipers that lock up or drag. They will never admit it unless you get corporate involved or bring them all the posts of everyone else with the same problem. i had to do this with my SRT4 with a bum 3rd gear to get them to fix it under warranty. So lets hear from everyone with ths problem, I know we are not alone.
thanks

Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM
xkeots

Originally Posted by old school
Similar problem here. brought in my 06 RT AWD with 28000 to fix a broken parking brake and bad oxygen sensor. from what I can gather around the net these brakes are junk. From substandard metal in the rotors to bad calipers that lock up or drag. They will never admit it unless you get corporate involved or bring them all the posts of everyone else with the same problem. i had to do this with my SRT4 with a bum 3rd gear to get them to fix it under warranty. So lets hear from everyone with ths problem, I know we are not alone.
thanks
I use the biggest Dodge / Chrysler/ Jeep dealer in the North east. They replaced the rotors again and this was #5. I only paid once, but changing rotors every 2,000 miles is not right.
If there are more of us here please post.
My Magnum is an 06 AWD 3.5 motor.

Jack

Old 09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
old school
Rookie

Well I dont think I'm getting free rotors so I had my old ones cut for $12.50 each. while at the shop another guy(mechanic for the Long Beach Long Island police dept) sees the rotors and comments on their horrible condition and says the only other rotors he ever saw that bad were on the ones he took off the cars he works on, 4 police package Chargers!
My car is going back to the dealer next Monday. The parts ( cat converter ) came in. Lets see what they say about the brakes.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
kowalcs
Professional

I'll be putting on my 3rd set of rotors here soon and have been dealing with this set warped for about 50K miles now. Thinking of getting cross drilled next time to help with heat dissipation.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
PRETTYGURL

Call this number to file a complaint 888-327-4236 or file online at safercar.gov to generate a recall and have the manufacturer pay for it

Old 06-23-2011, 10:59 AM
xkeots

Originally Posted by xkeots
I use the biggest Dodge / Chrysler/ Jeep dealer in the North east. They replaced the rotors again and this was #5. I only paid once, but changing rotors every 2,000 miles is not right.

Jack
The after market cross drilled rotors and new Dodge pads seem to be holding up except for sounding like a school bus when I stop.
The service MGR says it's the system and Chrysler was just so nice that they gave me 2 years of free oil changes! I think it is B.S.!
I had the rotors done and it is at least 8k with no shaking. The 4 stock rotors weighed the same as 2 cross drilled.
They said that it happens more on AWD (which my Magnum is) than on regular Chargers, 300's and Magnums.
I only posted this to see if I was the only one.

Thanks
Jack
2006 Magnum 3.5 AWD

Old 06-24-2011, 01:55 PM
PRETTYGURL

Originally Posted by xkeots

Jack

Call this number to file a complaint 888-327-4236 or file online at safercar.gov to generate a recall and have the manufacturer pay for it

Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They need to check the Rotors Run outs after the rotors installed.
It is possible that the Hub bearing is bad too.

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Magnum AWD Brake Rotor Problem