Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

tuner or muscle car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Pentagon Magnum
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tuner or muscle car?

Can't wait til I get the Cragars on either...savin' up the pennies. I've been looking for white-lettered tires to go with them, but so far no luck. My first choice were BF Goodrich like I had on my 71 Monte, by they only go up to 16". Goodyear even has some NASCAR white-letter tires, but those don't go large enough either. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Add the black stripes down the middle, flowmasters and a Def Leppard sticker for effect...then there'll be no doubt about it being a MUSCLE CAR!

Old 06-02-2005, 09:40 PM
SilverMagRT

Muscle Car

Old 06-02-2005, 10:28 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Vy Vian,

Muscle Car, of coarse. Only because I will be doing the same Mods that I did to my 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger with a 340. Engines are also real close in size...

Old 06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
69RoadRunner
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuner is what ricers call their cars. Ricer is what muscle car guys call tuners. The Magnum isn't a ricer/tuner.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:00 PM
SRT MAGNUM
Professional

MUSCLE CAR. I agree, Jap cars are "tuners" If you need a name like "tuner" maybe call your muscle car a "Modifier" or just say "I have a f@ckin muscle car you son of a b!tch...nice sounding muffler...get the hell outta my face"

Old 06-06-2005, 04:51 PM
moparturd
Banned

No offense, but a muscle car is a term used to describe mid-sized, 2 door, big motor cars back in the 60's and 70's. By definition. The Magnum isn't really a muscle car, but a car with muscle.

It's certainly not a tuner car either.

It really deserves a new term.[]

Old 06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
SRT MAGNUM
Professional

How about calling the Magnum a "Mortifier" It will mortifie a person with it's ability and power. ??? comments?

Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
vyvian

well the neon is american made and a TUNER. as far as i'm concerned a muscle car is NOT sinonamus w/family car. a muscle car doesn't have child seat mounts. but thats my opinion. but i have heard the VIPER referd to as a tuner. i just call it dam fast, sports car.

[22 years old, '05 silver magnum r/t]

Old 06-08-2005, 12:25 AM
69RoadRunner
Rookie

ORIGINAL: vyvian

well the neon is american made and a TUNER. as far as i'm concerned a muscle car is NOT sinonamus w/family car. a muscle car doesn't have child seat mounts. but thats my opinion. but i have heard the VIPER referd to as a tuner. i just call it dam fast, sports car.

[22 years old, '05 silver magnum r/t]
I still think the Neon can be called a ricer if the owner rices it out with a fart pipe, erector set/shopping cart handle wing, stickers, etc.

So my 69 Road Runner convertible isn't a muscle car? I got it as a family alternative to my 67 Barracuda convertible since it's bigger and has a/c. It's also a big block 383 car with Edelbrock aluminum heads and a Racer Brown cam.

Quick Reply: tuner or muscle car?