Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

throttle setting...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:53 PM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle setting...

I have read several posts regarding “throttle response”. Ninety percent of the time I drive like a granny, but when I want to use the cars potential, I want it to happen NOW!
I don’t want to stop and go through this process of resetting the computer throttle response thing.
Has anyone really noticed that by occasionally doing the “throttle reset” makes a difference?
I am very suspicious of computers controlling my driving habits.
Is all this computer control part of the EPA’s trying to rule our lives?
This is America. Why are these nuts allowed to run our lives with their ideas on what should be done for all of us?
Give me liberty or give me death…
I don’t care what gas mileage I get as long as the car performs as I require. Had a 1965 Ford Galaxy with the big 429 that got about 8 per gallon. So what? If you are a tree hugger, no problem. Do your thing, just let me do mine.

Old Bob

Old 06-02-2005, 10:46 PM
SilverMagRT
Default RE: throttle setting...

The car will learn your version of normal; if you want it to be fast drive it fast and you'll be rewarded when you "want it to happen NOW!" The throttle reset does return throttle response. Technology is here to stay the benefits outweigh the costs.

The computers are the manufacturers way of giving us what we want and being able to answer the their critics. "Yeah it has 340hp but it gets 25 mpg, so it's an economical performance car".

And I do remember changing points (still have the feeler gauges) and wouldn't turn the clock back if I could.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:19 PM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie
Default RE: throttle setting...

SilverMagRT

I agree with your statement about “Technology is here to stay and the benefits outweigh the costs.” I just want to be able to think that sometimes I can do it my way.

I worked as a mechanic for twenty-two years, and then taught auto mechanics for several years. I know all about feeler gauges and points. I would not turn the clock back either. I still have most of my tools, but never use them. As long as the dealer shops can keep my car running as it should, I will let them do all the work. I just can’t keep up with the new technology.

It is hard to imagine that a car can learn your driving habits. This is scary, as I can’t even know my own driving techniques.

Old Bob

Quick Reply: throttle setting...