Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Any Introduction To The Forum....

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:28 AM
smokey0810
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Introduction To The Forum....

Hello to one and all. My name is John, I live in Trinidad, Colorado. I am a die-hard Chevy Caprice fan. I own a 1994 9c1 Police Package.
Well, I just gave in and bought myself a nice new Magnum R/T. Pretty loaded. Let's just say that it was love at first site. I have been amazed and in love with the Magnum since it first came out. Finally, last weekend we saw one at the local car show in town. The wife fell in love too. So, here I am the proud owner of an '05 Dodge Magnum R/T.
I love this car. My first love is my Caprice, but this car ranks right up there.
I look forward to this forum, as I have the ImpalaSuperStore forums, which I am still a part of.
The Caprice has 148K miles and is still running strong. Just gonna be a car to have fun with now...Well, so is the R/T.
Later - Smokey

P.S. - Anyone else own a weird combo of cars? I have the Caprice & Magnum, and my wife owns a MINI Cooper....

Old 06-17-2005, 06:18 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: Any Introduction To The Forum....

Smokey 0810,
Congradulations on the buy! As you already stated, you'll love this car... It won't take too long not to miss the Chevy. This forum is very helpful, as well as ********.com...

I have (2) 2005 Dodge Mineral Gray 5.7 Liter Hemi's at my house... I have the Magnum, she has the Durango. Not a Weird Combination, but Uniform...

Be sure to have lots of fun in that Magnum, and tell me of your experiences of people looking at the Naked Lady on the sides of your Magnum...

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/2C68349FEA8E4370A3A554E54CBB510A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-17-2005, 07:11 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Congrats on the buy Smokey! Yeah that is a weird combination. There's a Caprice with a police package for sale up the road from me for 12K. I'd love to own it because people fearing it's a cop car. Lol. Hope you enjoy the forums!

-Matt-

Old 06-17-2005, 08:16 PM
smokey0810

Well, thanks for the warm welcome. The Caprice/Impalas are nice because of the horsepower. The 94-96's do have the LT-1's in them. Chevy doesn't have anything appealing on the market right now that I would have purchased if I didn't get the Magnum. I forsee a few Chevy fans moving over to the world of MOPAR with the Magnum, Charger, 300 & Challenger being the flagship cars of their fleet. Dodge is finally doing something right, and I am proud to say that I have been swept off my feet. The looks I get are pretty astounding. Tonight, I get to take it on a trip to Colorado Springs (about 150 miles north of me) so I will really get to enjoy it.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:08 PM
undropped
Veteran

hey, welcome to the forum, any plans for any mods

Old 06-20-2005, 02:14 AM
smokey0810

But of course my good friend....Mods are what a car is made for. The car companies only do the hard part....
I am looking into a cold-air induction kit, then a nice throaty exhaust. Of course, this is all going to be working around my monthly payment and license plates.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 PM
EMB
Rookie

Smokey,
Welcome, you will find a lot of useful information here...
Odd combo?
Try a 95 Jeep Wrangler, a '05 Magnum RT, a 99 Durango, and...
a 1974 MGB....

Gotta love low slung British Sports cars with no top!
Its kinda like a family pet, we take it out for a run every once in a while!

Ed

Old 06-21-2005, 02:58 PM
smokey0810

Hey, at least you have 3 MOPARS.
GOD I love my CAR!!!! I cannot wait to drive it day in and day out. I have NEVER felt this way about a car. This is the best purchase I have made in a long time...
OK, so what are some MODS I should look into doing? Already researching a K&N cold-air intake kit. Flowmaster exhaust is a few months away. What else does everyone recommend for a "newbie"?

Quick Reply: Any Introduction To The Forum....