Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.
View Poll Results: A poll
Self Powered....and let me know what
12.50%
Sub and seperate amp, and what size
87.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Sub Woofer Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:37 PM
undropped
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sub Woofer Dilema

not exactly chris, the large chrome tank is air for my air ride suspension, along with two small air compressors and all the required valves and such

Old 06-21-2005, 01:25 PM
bobf

I got everything through Ebay and stayed under your budget. Rockford Mono amp with remote control, 2 Alpine 10" E Series and for now, a Q-Logic box until I find that perfect enclosure.

I can turn it up to too much bass. Billapex, any time you want to hear, just let me know.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:46 PM
MARKR54
Rookie

in my old lumina i was happy with a infinity basslink. the speakers and source material didn't demand anything more. if your source material is satellite radio/mp3/or cd trust me that option will suffice and keep u within budget. today i drive my beast with source materials ranging from sirius radio to a mp3 music keg to dvd-audio - thats where the JL Audio 10" with a 500W JL amp starts to shine. work within your budget - trust me the basslink will make u happy

[IMG]local://upfiles/10431/19E503B791CF4F77AFEC1B4A11D5EC57.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10431/3F80976F21884D71AA0179FEF0B53194.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-22-2005, 07:55 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Here is a pic showing the amp and changer I had before I went nuts with total upgrade. The amp cover sits on top of the fiberglass "bucket" like the original 3 piece hard cover. I mounted the amps directly to the bucket. Drilled through it to run the wires. With the thin pad and matching carpet, it fits flush with the top of the speaker box to look smooth. When I am traveling, I just lay a board on top of the speakers and disconnect the amp. I got a hankering to hanker, so I am going to try to build a box that fits in the cubby hole today. Gonna be dang tight.

I cut out the part of the bucket that folds up to get to the tire. All I have to disconnect the wire (mono 2 ohms) lift out the speaker box to get to the spare.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/9CD53AEE05C94D7289AE8AD1BC071EC5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-22-2005, 04:09 PM
chrisuscga01
Professional

Thanks. looks good. Just trying to get some ideas for when I take mine in. Let us know how the box goes in the cubby hole. Who knows, if it turns out well you might be able to sell a few or the plans online here. I know I would buy one. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:06 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Well the 3/4 MDF cubby box is a bust. Looked at 1/2" and no way would it work to support the speaker and would flex too much. After building the back area of the box, realized 2 things 1) box is too small for a 10" (8" might work) and 2) You have to assemble it in the cubby hole. Luckily I didnt glue anything yet so it came out. Looks like the only way to get it is to make a fibreglass enclosure. I wish I had the time, who am i kidding, the patience hahha, to do fibreglass. If I win the lottery or find a wrecked magnum, I'll take a sidewall to a shop and have them make a fiberglass enclosure. Too bad none of the shops around here are big enough and Omaha stinks, that I cant find someone to "sponsor" the building of the fiberglass enclosures. Im too chicken to ask around what the shops would charge. Well atleast it only cost me $6 to figure out cant "Git Er Done" Well time to clean up and hit the local car shop. Bye Yall!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:55 PM
qzking
Professional

Well, I am sitting here in awe of all of you guys! Jeez, I wish I had those skills but I don't. When I get ready to "Kick-up" my SRT8 that came without the Kicker system, I'll be calling on you for advise! This stuff is impressive! Anyone in So. Cal. (Huntington Beach area) that would like to be a "consultant" on this mod? I will compensate you accordingly for the help and cook you and your "significant other" a killer meal to celebrate it's completion!
KK

Quick Reply: Sub Woofer Dilema