Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

More Improvments...(photos)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Improvments...(photos)

Oh man!!!! I'm one happy camper today.

Got my foglight kit last week (got to install them yesterday). And today my RT wheels showed up (earlier that I thought). I got crack'n on the wheels right away. Oh baby......I'm on cloud 9 right now. The Magnum was (head over heels) Love at first sight. The image of the Inferno Red RT racing down the road in those commercials absolutely brought me to drooling. There was no way I could afford the RT, so a Red SXT was the way to go. Now that I've got Chrome Headlights, Fogs, RT rims and a chrome RT grille coming....She's nearly THERE!!!

The foglights took me around 3 hours to install. I'm sure a mechanic (or someone NOT nervious about dink'n with new cars) would cut that time easily in half. I took a lot of time cleaning inside spots.......and making sure I wasn't F***ing anything up. I still have to make a run by the dealership to activate on the StarScan. If anyone has plans of adding the foglights by themselves, PM or email me.....I can give you some pointers to save time.

The wheels popped right on. Anyone concerned about putting RT rims/tires on an SXT shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Okay, on to the photos....starting with a 'Before'. (oh yeah......someone wanted a close-up of the 3.5L badging)....

Cheers,
Lyle

Old 06-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Magman3
Professional
Default RE: More Improvments...(photos)

Is that an RT...on no its Lyles SXT (HaHa). Looks great man. All you need is the grill and you will be set. Sorry I let you down, but like my wife said, why buy a grill when you already have a nice one installed. The wife spoke, I can say no more. I ordered my intake today. I went with the Airraid unit. I'll let you know after I install it how it turns out. I won't get it until sometime next week. Be looking for my gallery tomorrow or Wednesday. I've got some time off from work and I'll be getting the pictures together. Lyle, I'm almost jealous. I was set out for RT rims in the beginning, but I had no idea my wife would be so cool about me dropping $3K on rims and tires. I take it when I can.

Brandon

Old 06-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

Thanks Brandon,

Don't sweat it on the grille. Looks like an RT grille will be in my near future. After my latest round of putting the call out....it would seem there are a number out there to be had.

I look forward to your report on the CAI. I've almost got my wife convinced. I also look forward to your gallery shots.

Ain't these cars great!!!!

Lyle

Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
illy
Professional

There is always going to be an RT owner that wants black on black, trade grills, all set!

Looks nice.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
grinner
All Star

lookin sharp, Lyle!
I installed yer black headlights on my wife's ride this afternoon. She totally digs em.
I didn't make a video of it as your instructions seem better than a video. I have a good friend coming over tonight with a pair of black headlights though and I'm gonna go ahead and bust out a video just for the web. No DVD release for this one but it'll be a fun little web clip.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:11 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Yeah, those headlights really made a big difference with the chrome one's. Your rims also look better too. Congrats on the upgrades Lyle!

-Matt-

Old 06-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

Sounds great Grin.

Thanks Matt.....it's funny, my wife thinks were all done now with the changes.....but I feel as though I'm just getting warmed up.

I've never enjoyed a new car as much as this one.

Cheers,
Lyle

Old 06-23-2005, 03:41 AM
grinner
All Star

I'm with ya, man.
Every car I have ever had has been a tinker toy from show cars to a 32 foot hippie bus. One car was tie died inside and out with murals of my family all over it. Another had a fake taxi sign on it, paintings of beavis n butthead and an airbrush of an old lady flippin the bird. All of em were a blast but this one makes me feel 18 at 35 and I seriosly can't see an end in sight as far as mods go. When and if that happens, my wife's magnum is almost a clean canvas....
which I certainly have plans for.
It's good to have toys. This is good clean fun, man.

Quick Reply: More Improvments...(photos)