Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

My 1st kill in the R/T. A Z28....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 01:04 PM
06MNRT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st kill in the R/T. A Z28....

It happened quite by accident really. I was hopping off the highway at about 12:15 in the morning and saw no one around so I decided to hit the curves as hard as I could (I LOVE our stability control!!).

Out of nowhere comes this Z28 that saw me doing this and thought I wanted to play. It looked to be a pretty new Z, and had two younger guys in it. They were trying everything to bait me, squealing the tires and all.

I took it fairly easy going through the small section of town we were in, and they kept egging me on. Finally the car that was up in front of me turned off and I dropped 2 gears and slammed the gas.......

The Hemi roared to life and she took off like a bullet, I was very pleased. The Z could not catch up but I could hear his engine screaming.

We played around 2 more times and on the last effort I was 3-4 car lengths ahead of him at 122mph then I cut it down. They never had a chance. We waved each other on and it was obvious they enjoyed it as much as I did.

But you know somewhere deep down they didn't want to admit they were ravaged by a station wagon

Old 07-12-2005, 11:52 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: My 1st kill in the R/T. A Z28....

Well atleast you had some cool guys about it. Around here in Omaha they hae sore loosers hahah. I don't know how many times I get the bird a day hahah. I have a SXT and its not too bad of hot rod. I get every tom, dick and harry wanting to play at lights. I hold my own 90% of the time. There are the ocassional supped up ricer and bigger V-8's. I had one guy at work with a chevy ext cab 4X4 truck pull up to me a the light and hollered as loud as he could "Hey! That got a Hemi in it!". I just shook him off. Then he did the old rev engine taunt. So I said what the heck, brake torqed the tranny and we took off. 5000# truck, big tires etc vs 4000#. Of course I took him with about 3 car lengths at 55(0-speed limit racing). Next light was red, he pulls up and said "No Hemi, imagine what another 90hp would have been" hahah. Someday I'll take a ride in a R/T and see what I'm missing.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Magman3
Professional

Wow a 5.7 Hemi vs. 5.7 LT1, Hmmmmmm...345 horse vs. 310 horse. I can't believe you took them by that much. Those 5.7 LS1 would run a good 14 sec quarter mile, 13.6 for the SS. I would have thought it would have been a little closer. A wise friend once told me that its not always the car that wins the race, but the driver. Plus he had you by about 400 pounds, his 3600 lbs vs. your 4000 lbs. Makes me wish I had the Hemi. Ummmm, I can smell the nitrous now for my SXT.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:01 AM
06MNRT
Professional

Well there were two guys in the Z, and I was alone... plus I'm not so sure he was nailing every shift.

Either way... I was grinning [:-]

Quick Reply: My 1st kill in the R/T. A Z28....