Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2007 Door Ajar Indicator and Interior Lights Coming On While Driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:05 PM
dlos1987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Door Ajar Indicator and Interior Lights Coming On While Driving

I have an 2007 Magnum, with a little over 70k miles. I ve notice that when it either rains or after a washing (could be a coincident) but the door ajar chimes and the interior lights come on like the doors are open. Can someone tell me what's going on with this problem?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess one of the door latch is on it's way out.
Here is a simple test to perform, since u say it does it when wet.
start the car, close all door, and spray water on each door latch area individually, see which door latch you spray turns on the interior light.

Have someone in the car or leave a window open so u do not lock ur key inside.

another test u can perform is open all the door, Close the Latch with a screw driver on each door, wait until all lights goes off. and stick a screw drive into the door latch and wiggle the latch lever, see if any of them will turn on the light. Do it gently, u will not break anything.
Just pull the handle and the latch will release afterward.

I do not remember if the rear hatch door shares the same warning light as all others for magnum, but I see the rear hatch appears to be the most common failure.

Last edited by steak59; 07-08-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 AM
dlos1987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. i will give them a try. I just washed my car yesterday and its the worst its every been. Lights and Door Locks going crazy. If I would have just closed my eyes I would have sworn I was on the Price is Right!

Quick Reply: 2007 Door Ajar Indicator and Interior Lights Coming On While Driving