Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Dodge Magnum trailer light harness defect and problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 AM
below_magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Magnum trailer light harness defect and problem

I've replaced the trailer light part harness that you must buy in order to hook up my trailer lights. Unfortunately, it costs about 90 dollars from my mechanic and I've done it 3 times already. Every year it craps out on me. After my own troubleshooting I would send it to the shop and they would tell me it needs replacing. This can't be bypassed by just splicing into the wires because this adapter has some sort of power pack/converter along with the wires. This surge protecter/power pack is attached in the car (which is even harder to believe it goes bad because its not susceptible to weather elements).

I've searched other trailer light problems but nothing seemed to fit my description. Most guys were having trouble with their trucks.

I'll give a detailed part description from the bill if it helps to show exactly what I'm buying each time.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 AM
below_magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default also

I wasn't necessarily posting this as FYI bulletin (since I just noticed in my post I didn't actually pose a question)

Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone have the same problem? Any help is appreciated.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Is this harness a Mopar part or aftermarket? I would be careful what you install, you blow your IPM and it's big bucks. Year model??

Last edited by TNtech; 09-16-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge Magnum trailer light harness defect and problem