Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Trailer Harness

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Harness

I am looking for a haness for the magnum. the dealer has one but at 175.00 per is nuts. uhual well do they work well...Thanks

Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, but when something unexpected happens and that cheapo harness doesn't provide adequate circuit protection for your Front Control Module/TIPM, you'll think 175 bucks is very cheap....and I can promise you the unexpected WILL happen. It always does. Whoever puts it in make sure they teather the existing wiring harness so it doesn't fall down on the tailpipe.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-25-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Budsned
Default I put one on my Maggie

I bought one online - easy to find - just google for it. It was custom fit - all the plugs worked, etc. but installation was a bit of a pain. As you prob know, the Mag has separate brake and turn signals, so, to convert that to a cheapo trailer which use the same bulb and filament, a relay is needed - which is the heart of the kit. It worked fine but only lasted a year before the relay quit and the lights no longer worked. I ended up just hard wiring it so that the brake lights worked but the trailer doesn't have turn signals. I might get a ticket some day...

Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

I bought a oem unit a few years ago and now i will be buying another i wonder do they sell just the relay...

Old 05-29-2012, 12:08 PM
anton188

I bought a kit at my local NAPA store and painstakingly installed it in a Saturday afternoon. It has worked flawlessly for 2 years now. I would also take TNtech's advise about teathering the harness. I secured all the wiring and mounted a small clip that holds the wiring connector to the 'hidden hitch' frame when not it use so it doesn't hang down & get snagged/dragged.

Quick Reply: Trailer Harness