Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Damn Grocery Carts\Lazy People

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:37 PM
RiotWithin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Grocery Carts\Lazy People

Who here doesn't mind walking 15 feet to put a cart where it needs to go. I noticed when I got home from Wal-Mart that I had about a seven inch white mark on my front bumper, and a small white mark on the rear driver door. I took out some handy wax and got the plastic off only to find my front bumper now has a crease and at the end of it what seems to be a chunk missing. There is no longer curtousy and respect for others belongings. I know somebody here has had this experience!

Old 08-07-2005, 04:46 PM
IchabodSXT
Default RE: Damn Grocery Carts\Lazy People

Sad to say that our Mag too suffered such ailments.

My wife had the car for two weeks and at the parking lot at costco we were the recipients of a 12" scratch on the rear passenger door all the way down beyond the primer.

Had not even maid the first payment on it and had to plunk $500+ to get the door repainted.

I was beside my self for two months!

Old 08-07-2005, 10:23 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

3 weeks I come out of a grocery store and saw a shopping cart resting against the car. The parking lot is on a hill of course. I parked away from the buikding at the bottom 3/4 of the hill. Seems that a cart ran down the hill and hit the car. Now on my rearwheel wheelwell I have a 1/4 deep dent. Of course it is doublws walled so I can use a dentless paint repair. The body shop that has done the excellent work on the roof rack removal and the rear bumper cover replacement said they can fix it by blending and etc. Since it is such a big panel, I am just going to leave it. One thing I might do is get a dremmel and cut the back wall out and then have a dentless guy repair it and then have the body shop reweld the back piece. Don't know what I am really going to do. But I am glad that the person responsible for the cart wasnt there, I def would have wasted my anger management classes hahaa.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:02 PM
undropped
Veteran

down with shopping carts, yesterday i noticed a nice little wave in my rear hatch, no mark, but probably the work of a wandering cart

Old 08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

That is why it is nice to be handicapped and park in the wider parking spots, we don't get as much damage done to our cars.

Always cool to park my Magnum RT in the handicap zone................

I do get some stares, especially when they hear my Flowmasters.

LOL

Bob

Old 08-10-2005, 09:42 PM
grinner
All Star

wal mart shoppers are a different breed, man.
I don't go near that place. I believe it's a portal to hell.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

It takes like a full ten seconds to get the cart into one of their corrals or take it back to the store, yet people choose to be worthless... That sucks Grant, should have parked way in the back or something.

-Matt-

Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i work at a grocery store. it is the customers fault. we always have at least 1 workers outside getting carts, and we still cant always keep up. if the customers helped us out by putting the carts in the carts corral, then we could get more carts in faster which protects your car a little better. i park behind one of those islands with trees in them and I'm usually don't have a problem.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
grinner
All Star

Makes ya wonder what people are thinking just lettin em roll around but then, we still have idiots (many of them) throwing lit torches out of their windows in the form of cigarette butts. These people need to be smacked with runaway shopping carts.
In Texas, thats 200 bucks for littering. Every other state I've lived in doesn't seem to care. Heck, I've seen cops do it. I like to get out, pick it up and hand it to em tellin em they dropped something.
selfish. simply selfish. We live in a 'me first' society.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:29 AM
dak0ta_g33k
Rookie

where i grew up (phillipines) shopping carts that made it out of the store were usually stolen, so there were never any problems with carts in parking lot.

but over here a scary thing i've seen is beater rides bumpercarting them across the lots.[:-]

Quick Reply: Damn Grocery Carts\Lazy People