Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

check your liftgate gasket! on the roof side.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 09:05 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: check your liftgate gasket! on the roof side.

Chef Boy R Lee,
LOL, you would have Foam sticking out from your Ear Drums if the Sub-Woofer did that to your Magnum... Ha, ha, ha...

Old 09-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Hogie Sammich

I have that same foam sticking up and the first time the dealer just cut it back. Now it's comming out of both ends and they said the factory put it there to protect the car from vibrations while on the train for delivery. Total bull ****, he said they usually just pull it out. I asked him if it serves the purpose of protecting the car from vibrations then what about road vibrations? He danced around answering it... I need to go to a better dealer... I was considering buying another car from them too...

Is there any way I can make them fix it right or does anyone know of a no-hassle dealership that actually does the job right the first time that's close to Fremont, CA?

Old 09-17-2005, 10:41 AM
IchabodSXT

I had the same thing happen. I just stuffed it back inside the rear wing using a small super market shopper's card. You know the ones that you put in your keychain.

The foam has not come back out yet. It has been about a week.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:33 AM

Ours had the same probelm, and the dealer cut it out. Then did a cheesy wash job....left glue on my roof....water spots all over the car.

Put the wrong oil in, insulted me for good measure, and then lied when I came back for the correct oil.

Stay away from Fireside Dodge in Modesto.

You'll love the service tech's question when informed the 10-30w would damage the MDS. Mind you the tech....not the advisor.

"What's MDS?"

Old 09-18-2005, 02:32 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

I just used 3M moulding tape inplace of the nuts until the new ones from the dealer gets here. Now noticed that the seal gets "flipped" because it is too tight. Cant win for loosing. New style nuts to replace the chessy silver ones. These are black and domed shaped.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Hogie Sammich

Update on mine. The dealer had us come back so a Chrysler Rep can look at it. I guess if you have to remove anything they have to have a rep come out. At least that's what they told me... Anyway, sounds like the Rep actually knows what the **** he's talking about. They ordered the replacement strip and it's on it's way in. I guess there is a service bulliten out on this so just take your car to the dealer and tell them there's a service bulliten for this specific issue and to order the part. They should comply.

Quick Reply: check your liftgate gasket! on the roof side.