Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Weep Hole

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Jmsbowtie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weep Hole

Hi I am new to the forum and have an issues with my 2007 Magnum 2.7. We just replaced the motor about 5000 miles ago. About two weeks ago my heater wasn't blowing hot air so I had my husband check it out, I was low on coolant but he was stumped as to where it was leaking from. It ran fine no dash lights and never got hot. Today we took off the front end to replace my grill and he saw that it is leaking from the weep hole. So my question is could my water pump have gone bad in 5000 miles? Or is there something else we should be looking at/for? Any advice is very helpful.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:42 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume it is leaking from the weep hole on the pump. If so, short answer - Yes the pump could be leaking. May be a bad seal from the manufacturer.
Did you have a shop replace the engine? If so it may still be under warranty. Check with them.

If you did it yourselves, did you bleed the air out of the system? There is a bleed valve located on the water outlet connector at the front of engine that needs to be opened) and a hose connected to catch coolant) to properly bleed the air out of the system.

From the service manual: It is imperative that the cooling system air bleed valve be opened before any coolant is added to the cooling system. Failure to open the bleed valve first will result in an incomplete fill of the system.

Quick Reply: Weep Hole