Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Water in Transmission on RT

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Black RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Transmission on RT

I took my Magnum RT to Dealer to have TSB 21-006-04 performed on my RT. Build date was 10/4/04 on Magnum. They said the TSB was not for my RT. They did check my transmission oil for water to please me. Oil was bright red.
I have read on this form that there was some Magnum RT with the 5 speed transmission with water in oil from AC that got into transmission by the seal in filler tube. Has anyone had a water problem with RT with the 5 speed transmission? Next time it is in for oil change change I would like to put an RTV seal barrier around the tramsmission filler tube.

Buddy in KY

Old 10-11-2005, 11:43 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Water in Transmission on RT

I had my car in for something else and they too checked the fluid and said no TSB showed up for my car. Since the trans is covered to 7/70 I'm sure it will show up by then.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:41 PM
eades5point0
Default RE: Water in Transmission on RT

I have had water in my tranny fluid twice due to a faulty o-ring. My car has been in the shop three times for transmission problems and is going in again Monday. Haven't been to impressed with Dodge so far.

Quick Reply: Water in Transmission on RT