Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

One more thing and gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 08:32 PM
silvermag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more thing and gone

If one more thing goes wrong with this magnum im getting rid of it. At this point im ready to put the car in drive and let it go over a hill side. On saturday the electronic throttle control light kicked on and now the car wont start. Now remind u I just got the darn thing back on wed. from the dealer for a new rear end differ replaced. They said that they looked over the hole entire car and said that they found nothing wrong with it. I also mentioned something to them about the recall thats out, about the park thing and then rolling away. They said that they have no paper work on it from whoever so they cant look at it. Also the airbag light on the dash stays lit for have of the day. Oh and one more thing when u put the key in ignition and turn the key sometimes it starts up right away and sometimes it takes 5 seconds or even have to turn the key off and try it again. Has anybody else had any of these problems? Hope someone can help me out on some of this b-s. Thanks

Old 10-17-2005, 02:22 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: One more thing and gone

If the airbag light is the passenger air bag light, then all it takes is a re-calibration. I had to have mine done it took 45 min. They get out the starscan i think and use 3 different weights. The wonderful age of computerized cars.

The ignition thing might be the pass-key type anti-theft system. Have you tried using the second key that comes with the car? If it does the same thing, then its the pass-key system, it not then its the key.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:26 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Sorry to hear of your problems, have had my Magnum RT for 16 months and have had no problems at all.

Bob

Old 10-17-2005, 07:50 PM
silvermag

Well when the tow truck driver picked the car up on sat. night he was telling me it could be something with the alarm system. He said something like turn it on turn it off and back and fourth a couple of times. I just had a new rear diff put in the car last week because i heard a thump in it when u pull out from a complete stop, they told me they fixed that problem but i can still here it and i dont know what else it could be. Now they wanna have one of the techs take it home tonight to see if it messes up for them. oh well we'll see what happens next or when i get it back. Thanks for the info on those things though.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Danno Wagon

Good luck at the dealer Silvermag, hope you get that thing to settle down. My car has been good to me and my family after 10K.

Lots of good times!!!!

Danno-

Old 10-19-2005, 06:47 PM
LtlDad
Professional

I would suggest taking the spare tire, jack, and all rear cargo pieces out and drive around. I might be that the spare is loose.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:55 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Silver Mag,
I had my Magnum in the shop for about 45 days at 1,000 miles. From before Christmas to after Valentines day... I love this car, THIS CAR, not just Magnums... With the learning computer, each Magnum is just about unique. Although the Computer is retarded, it waits about a day to change driving habits... Race around Saturday Night, this thing feels like you f***in' pissed her off the next morning... Takes off like a bat out of hell, shifts hard enough to have the engine shut down instead of chipping the tires in 2nd and 3rd, due to the ESP System.

Enough about me, how many miles you got on the Magnum? How many times has it been in the shop? How many days has it been in the shop? What are the Lemon Laws in your state? If it pisses you off enough, Lemon Law the car... I got to that point, the 3rd time they had my car, and about 35 days without my Magnum, but when they finally fixed it, 45 days later, I calmed down, due to the niceness of the car... My car hasn't had any of the recalls, so why take a chance on another vehicle that may have the same issues, or not... Bottom line, they fixed mine in (3) tries, and I am happy... If you are still disappointed, Lemon Law it! If yours is that bad, how worse could a new one be?

Old 10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
silvermag

Well i finally got my magnum back today. As of right now it seems to be all working at this point for now. It starts within 2 seconds and they said that thats normal. I called Chrysler Corporation today on them and put a complaint on that dealership for now. I was actually hoping that something was still wrong with it. I was going to tell them to keep the car and go somewhere else and buy another one. Maybe a hemi the next time i buy one if I buy another one. Oh well thanks for all of your help.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:40 PM
silvermag

Just to let everyone know but i think I have a lemon. This magnum of mine has been in the shop since last Saturday the dealer called on wed. to come and pick it up. Before my wife left the lot with the car those lights came back on. I got it back yesterday (thursday) and it went right back into the shop the same night. The dealer called me today (friday) and said that they wanna keep it over the weekend. I think monday morning to tell them to just keep the car and give me another one. This is the third time for this light to come on. It is the electronic throttle control and has something with the car not starting on time or not starting at all. Well we will see from here what happens. I like this car a lot but if I have to get rid of it I will.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:57 AM
undropped
Veteran

that sux dude, mine has been completly trouble free, except for the few things that i messed up, but hey thats part of the fun, anyways the rt is supposed to be a riot i say go for it.

Quick Reply: One more thing and gone