Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

SRT engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 04:13 PM
ghettoschoolbus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT engine swap

Hi guys, I don't know if the rest of you have the same idea in mind, but I was wondering if you guys/gals will be swapping in the 6.1 into our non-SRT Magnums. I know that there are other characteristics and overall performance gains of the braking system and such, but I was wondering if anyone will be swapping the 6.1, granted it probably is not available yet. Although I have seen some specs on some hp 5.7 crates(much higher hp rating then the standard 5.7) offered by a couple of crate engine builders. I had a pretty decent deal on the SE and paid off the loan I had on the car already, and was thinking about crates as a possible future upgrade. With all the dealers price gouging, I was thinking it might be a viable option.

Old 11-18-2005, 05:57 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran
Default RE: SRT engine swap

You can buy the crate 6.1, but you can also buy the stroker kit from Direct Connection to make your 5.7 into one. You need crank, rods, heads, intake, pistons and either an 6.1 ECM or have the 5.7 modified. You can also bypass a lot of that and order the 4bbl bolt on intake kit. Plan on losing some of that gas milage......[sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-18-2005, 10:43 PM
65standard
All Star

hell no, going for the 392 hemi.

Old 11-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Husker
Professional

Not to sure what crate motor you saw, but the 5.7 either carb or FI is rated at 340HP, the question is just what can you do to the crate motor. Hot Rod mag did a header and cam switch(using a custom made PCM) and achieved WAY over 400 plus HP..

Quick Reply: SRT engine swap