Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

SRT8 Magnaflow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 02:42 PM
K2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT8 Magnaflow Exhaust

Hi All.
On a little side note before I get to my post, I just wanted to say I'm new here let me just say this is a great site, you guys and gals should be proud!

anyway to the subject I just got my Magnaflow exhaust for the 06 SRT8 P/N 16642 and for those of you that are thinking ofor have ordered this exhaust, double check the first straight pipe section where it connects to the factory pipes, it should be reduced to 2.75 but my kit came flared to 3.125. I unfortunately did not see it until I had removed the whole stock system and was installing the new system on.

I did speak to Magnaflow today and they are going to send me two new pipes with the proper reduction but...(isn't there always a but) they said that they are not in stock at the moment and that they would call me when the had a more realistic time frame when the pipes would be available. on a happier note though, I cut off a piece of the factory exhaust at the join and used it as an exhaust shim to get the car back together, other than the bad pipe section the system is excellent and went on without a snag.

Just thought I'd share my experence with you

Aloha from Hawaii
Craig

Old 11-22-2005, 10:14 PM
crazymjb
Professional
Default RE: SRT8 Magnaflow Exhaust

I have been in similar situations on a much smaller scale(taken apart my gas powered scooter, part didnt fit). It is VERY annoying. How does she sound?

Old 11-23-2005, 01:22 AM
K2
Rookie

She sounds great, the SRT8 has alot more exhaust noise from the factory but with the Magnaflows it is just a bit louder. At first I may have thought that I would have liked it a bit louder but I think in the long run it is a good volume....not to mention that they will probably get a bit louder as the break in, but I guess only time will tell.

Old 11-23-2005, 02:33 AM
crazymjb
Professional

Well if it gets too annoying all you have to do is throw in a loader sound system. I am one who likes to here the engine during acceleration, but after that I like silence.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:13 AM
strippedhemi
Veteran

Great you could get one in Hawaii, there are dealers in the 48 that cant get them at all. A friend here owns a muffler shop and put Magnaflows on his RT. On my RT (before any aftermarkets were avail), we just took off the rear resonators and bent a new tailpipe to replace them, welded the original tips back on. Mine actually sounds much better and throatier. His also sounds a little strange on a freeway when its in 4 cyl mode.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:20 PM
K2
Rookie

Udate on my problems with magnaflow

Well its been a week and I have heard nothing from them, so this morning I gave them a call, and they don't even have a record of the call, so they told me they need to ask all the sales people who took care of the call so they can find out whats going on or if anything is going on .....my faith in magnaflow is diminishing by the second...........

I'll update as I get more news

Craig

Old 11-29-2005, 01:42 PM
K2
Rookie

Hey All

Newest update

After waiting for a week for magnaflow to respond to my problem, they called me back yesterday (after I called them again)to tell me that they did send me out two new pipes to replace the ones that were wrong, free of charge. so in the end a little time but resloved

Craig

Quick Reply: SRT8 Magnaflow Exhaust