Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Minor troubles just before the Holidays

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 03:55 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor troubles just before the Holidays

Had to take Maggie Magnum in for a P2112 error code, TB stuck closed. Nothing like accelerating to get on the freeway and all of a sudden no more acceleration. Engine never stopped running. Pulled to side, restarted and ran fine except for check engine light. Never saw the lighting bolt error light come up indicating accelerator error. While at dealer had them fix non-working rear passenger side window (window regulator binding) and the clunk at the front windopw on the passenger side (tsb#2301805).

Tomorrow she goes in to have the rear bumper repainted because of someone not paying attention as they came up to a red light. With a 3 layer paint they have to repaint the whole bumper because of the gouges in the paint from the other vehicles license plate screws (Ford Exploder). At only 8 weeks and 4600 mile old I want it done right.

Hope nothing else as I, and everyone else, have enough other things to do for the Holidays. Just needed to vent. Feel better now.

Thanks.

James

Old 11-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Imsinin
Rookie
Default RE: Minor troubles just before the Holidays

I know the feeling....I was backing out of my garage and I tore off my passenger side mirror on my new magnum....tis the season I guess. Have a new one on the way, but still not a good week, especially when we have snow and freezing rain right now and I have a big old gapping hole where my mirror used to be. Sorry to hear about your issues, hope they get worked out.

Later

Old 11-28-2005, 12:04 AM
crazymjb
Professional

Nice name for a Mag. We have that window problem on the minivan(which is about to be traded for the mag) where it thunks. Same thing happened to the minivan bumper, ironically by a ford explorer also the same day we got it, from then on it had tons of problems. Thankfully we never repainted it as my my mother proceded to smash it half off when in a bad mood agains an infiniti.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:49 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

My rear windows both quit right after I bought it. One was a defective switch, other was just a loose connector. All cars anymore are 2 stage paints with basecoat color, then a clearcoat and they all have to have complete panels painted. Theres no blending anymore. There are 3 stage paints where there is a base color, pearl layer, then clearcoat...but so far no Magnums are 3 stage yet. BTW, I own a body shop. Ive painted parts on the Midnite blue and Inferno red and got perfect matches every time with BASF/ R&M paints. Dont worry any machine is going to have little glitches pop up now and then. I have to say other that the TSBs on hood decal, radiator mounts, and anti freeze check......Ive had no problems in over a year and a half.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Default Maggie Magnumis back

Maggie is back, the bumper looks new again and all is right with the world. Yeah strippedhemi I know you are right, new cars have their little glitches especially new models like the Magnum. Doesn't mean I can't bitch just a little bit, right. But your reply did help me to remember that it happens. Thanks for the support.

James

Old 12-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Yates
Rookie
Default RE: Maggie Magnumis back

I have had the unfortunate mishap with my 06 Magnum. 1 Month old and I was backing out of my driveway didnt even see my inlaws car behind me.(wasnt there when i jumped in my car) and smash! At only 3mph I did some damage to the bumper. Mainly damage from the other vehicles license plate and it appears something behind my bumper pushed its way through and cracked my bumper the size of a quarter. I want to have it fixed but my BIG concern is getting it to match the rest of the car. Also once its painted theres always the chance of it chipping. Nothing beats factory paint. Does the entire bumper need to be repainted? If not should I chance having a bodyshop fix it.?

Old 12-04-2005, 09:43 AM
strippedhemi
Veteran
Default RE: Maggie Magnumis back

On a brand new car, Id prefer to replace the bumper cover myself. There not that expensive especially if you can find a used one or get someone at a garage to get it for you (usually 25% off list). They can be repaired but it wont be as strong as new and the entire cover has to be painted requardless. ie/ I recently bought a front nose cover for a Caravan from the dealer for $140. Putting on a new one is pretty simple, only a few bolts in the wheelwell, and snaps across the back. I can switch covers in 15 minutes.

Quick Reply: Minor troubles just before the Holidays