Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

clearing fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 05:40 PM
jak320
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clearing fault codes

So, I recently had a friend use his code reader to identify why my ABS and BAS lights were on and why my cruise control wasn't working. It came back that my left rear wheel sensor was faulty. I went to NAPA, bought one and installed it. I've driven the car for threre day but the lights are still on and the cruise is still not working. I've disconnected the neg battery terminal (for 15 mins) but that didn't work (plus, I was surprised when none of the radio stations needed reset!) and tried the ACC to ON 20X trick. Neither of these worked. I still have both lights on and the cruise inoperable. Eventually, I'll be able to connect with my friend and have him reset those codes (1417 and 0138 w/o a preceding P or U) but I was hoping to get them reset sooner. Any advice on how to do this? Thanks

John

Old 02-24-2019, 07:15 PM
Rickj2837
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had codes for oil pressure sensor/switch malfunction for a long time. Had someone turn them off with a scanner and they came right back a few minutes later. Yesterday I was going to change the oil pressure sensor even though I was told when I bought it that it was changed and codes were not reset. So I unhooked the negative battery cable, was unhooked for a couple of hours due to trying to get alternator bolt out, when I reconnected the cable and started the car there were no codes, and no CEL. I was thinking they would come back like before but I have driven it a few different places for longer periods of time and the codes have not come back. Maybe you can try disconnecting the negative battery cable and leaving it off for an extended period of time. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: clearing fault codes