Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Feature or failure???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:51 PM
devnull
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feature or failure???

Hi Folks,

My wife has a '05 R/T (3k miles). I am hoping that this a quick (and dumb) question. Today we were on the way out and while my wife was putting the baby in the back (both rear doors open), the car wouldn't run! It would start, then die after a second or so. I tried three or four times. Finally, after getting ready to call Dodge I asked her to close the doors. She did and THE CAR STARTED!!!

To the question. Is this some sort of child safety feature (not starting with the rear doors open), or is there something possibly wrong?

Any knowledge is greater than mine and appreciated...

Thanks!

-devnull

BTW.. Here is a pic of the magnum (and vette) after a glorious day of Zaino... Gotta love that stuff!

[IMG]local://upfiles/25698/410DCA097E4D4AEA82D76D17D7A1E2FA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 PM
crazymjb
Professional
Default RE: Feature or failure???

Did you try it again? I doubt its a feature. I could understand it preventing it from shifting out of park, but getting the engine running is required for ACC(automatic climate control). They would also likely have some sort of notice on the window.

Does the Mag have an immobilizer, sounds like that may have been acting up.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 PM
devnull

ORIGINAL: crazymjb
Does the Mag have an immobilizer, sounds like that may have been acting up.
I thought this might be the case... I will probably call Dodge tomorrow. I was not able to replicate the problem.

strange...

Old 12-09-2005, 02:32 AM
crazymjb
Professional

If you werent able to replicate it it must have been a coincidence. This is a problem you would want to get addressed as it would not be good if you could not get your car to start and you were in the middle of no where, or it lost the immobilizer signal while driving(dunno if it would cut off once your going, but most cars cut out after 15-50 feet if the chip is not detected and the engine is somhow started.

Quick Reply: Feature or failure???