Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Airaid Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Walela
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airaid Throttle Body Spacer

I am new here so I would be intrested in feedback from Magnum R/T owners that hve tried the Airaid Poweraid TBS. They promise it " greatly improves low-end torque and HP characteristics of this engine". Resulting in improved drivability and increased fuel efficiency.

My concerns center around the fact that the TBS itself necks down the throttle opening by about 8mm, and the 1in spacing is internal. The installation instructions are sparse and somewhat confusing. Why do you need to disconnect the negative battery cable? Has anyone that has used this device experienced throttle linkage issues? Or need to adjust their cruise or kickdown cables?

Finally does this device work? I really enjoy our 2006 Midnight Blue Pearl Magnum R/T and seek to improve certain peformance parameters. I have installed the Airaid intake, and have noted improved throttle response, I will be installing a Flowmaster cat back exhaust system. Larger BFG 245/55/18 rubber planned when the Continentals go. No plans to lower, but better anti-sway bars may be in the future. We also own a 2004 Mercury Marauder, and enjoy that car very much as well.

Quick Reply: Airaid Throttle Body Spacer