Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

5.7 swap into my nissan

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 09:38 PM
5.7nissan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 5.7 swap into my nissan

So I have a RHD 92 Nissan 240sx that I've already started to swap a 5.7 hemi into it but I'm starting in the wiring and I need help identifying which wires I'm going to need and which I can cut them offI'm looking for schematics or anything that will help me with build and I'm not going to be using the original transmission on the 5.7 I'm using the nv4500 transmission and I'm trying to use the stock wiring harness because I have a full donor car and would like to use as much as I can if anyone can help that would be great!

Old 01-15-2020, 10:19 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Well that was vague.....you do realize that two different versions of the 5.7 were installed in like eight different vehicles across 17yrs so far? You need to supply more information, mainly what year, make & model you took the engine and harness out of.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:39 PM
5.7nissan

My bad haha well the donor is an 04 dodge magnum RT with the obvious 5.7 it's a full donor nothing missing on it and running with a blown out rear suspension but thanks for letting me know on my vague post

Last edited by 5.7nissan; 01-15-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:18 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 5.7nissan
My bad haha well the donor is an 04 dodge magnum RT with the obvious 5.7 it's a full donor nothing missing on it and running with a blown out rear suspension but thanks for letting me know on my vague post
Well how do you expect help if no one has any idea what you're working with, or worse when you don't have any idea (no Magnums in 04)? We're not mind readers. I assume you have an early build 05. You might be better off getting the Mopar standalone controller for the hemi because the stock PCM will require inputs (starting with SKIM) that you may not be able to provide it with in that particular vehicle. In any case, here is the 05 service manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1sp9k.../05lx.pdf/file

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 07:16 PM
5.7nissan

Well my title says 04 that's why I gave that information.
yeah I've looked at different alternatives but I wanted to it my self and see how far I get and yeah I know theirs alot of things I gotta do ecm to get it to disable the or not recognize the transmission and so I can use the manual transmission and that's why I'm using the original wiring so I don't have to worried about the skim I have everything the keys I wanna see if I can integrate some of the hemi stuff on my cluster but I know I can fabricate it it's just wiring it I don't know where comes from. But if all that fails I'm just going to use a 05 harness from a ram that had a 2500 hemi with a manual easiest cheapest but the hardest to find.
but thanks I really appreciate the manual that's gonna help alot!!!! My biggest hurdle should be the ecm and transmission and all the wiring but hopefully I can get info that could help other people make their swaps easier no matter what car because everyone at other sites keep it a secret so maybe this will help everyone else trying it out

Old 01-16-2020, 11:19 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

Hit up Hotwireauto, swaps like this are their bread and butter. Might be able to make your life easy.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:19 PM
MattieRussell

I can definitely understand wanting to use as much of the stock wiring harness as possible - it'll make your life a lot easier in the long run. Regarding which wires you'll need and which you can cut, it depends on what you're planning on doing with the car. Are you planning on keeping the stock ECU? If so, you'll need to keep most of the engine wiring intact. However, if you're planning on running a standalone ECU, you can definitely cut a lot of the engine wiring out. The same goes for the transmission - if you're using the stock transmission, you'll need to keep most of the wiring intact. Still, you can cut some of it out if you're using an aftermarket transmission. I know all this after a great experience with my Nissan Silvia s15.

Last edited by MattieRussell; 10-15-2022 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:30 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

LMAO....2+ year response to the poster who hasn't been back since he posted the thread.

Quick Reply: 5.7 swap into my nissan