Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Tranny fluid in the driveway

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Coosawtodd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny fluid in the driveway

16K and Hemily left a puddle in the driveway.. looks like a sensor in the front right corner of the tranny is leaking.. Dealers got it now wish me luck.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 PM
hyperbolic
Default RE: Tranny fluid in the driveway

Good Luck!!

Old 12-23-2005, 04:19 AM
RTracer

13 pin connector O-ring...****ty, been there done that...TWICE, just past 7000k miles. Very common.
Cant believe the idiots didnt change the design from the E-class. Happens to a good number of those too

Old 12-26-2005, 11:30 PM
magrt

just got mine from the body shop getting it dressed up and when i got there their was a river of fluid running out from under it. will be calling the dealership in the morning

Old 12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Shogunsama

Tranny fluid in driveway also! Dealer replaced 2 o-rings. Now not leaking. Must have a real idiot installing them on the assembly line, as I see I am not the only one with the problem.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:09 PM
king97tut

Yeah me too!! Dealer acted like he never heard of that before! He even ask me if I used the quick shift alot! I told him just started to play around with it a couple of months ago. That's when I noticed the little wet spots in my brand new driveway! Dealer says I probably shift incorrectly, in turn putting undue stress on the seals. Go figure!! 38,000 dollar car and he is telling me to drive it like an old lady! Here is a photo of an overnight stay in my friends garage during Christmas Day! Talk about embarassing!! I have to clean up after my car now! Jeez what next??Maybe they should have a diaper for the tranny when not in use! My Uncle laughed at me, he is an old German tank gunner! He remembers the old Tiger tank leaking Tranny fuild all the time!! Great Tank but you could track it by the drops it left behind!!lol.CLICK THIS LINK..pbase Update 01/09/06 Just got my car back from the dealer, claims to of never had the problem before,thats coming from the service advisor!! I had the Mechanic come out"He had to show me how my new remote starter works" I had asked him about it, he told me it was a flawed O-Ring plugs from Dailmer..they have new improved O-Rings that he installed. Here are the part numbers if anyone else gets them replaced 5210832AB O-Rings, plus three Qts tranny fluid. Dealer even gave me a little cleaning compound to clean up the spots on my new driveway!! That was nice.....Lets wait six months to see it the gaskets holds!

Old 12-28-2005, 03:27 AM
magrt

called the dealer this mornig and told them it was leaking the first thing they asked was what did i run over. after chewing his butt i started to head down there and the piece of crap started to slip so i floored it the poor thing shook so bad and chatterd. they know looked under the car while i was there and no damage from hitting some thing, but after the 1/8 mile trany slip i did they have to replace it. screw them dont blame there folts on us.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
PabloCruz

Just had my car serviced for the same issue. Job took less than a half a day (I had other services/issues done on the same trip). Basically O-rings by the sensor, and the transmission gasket was changed. Hopefully this takes care of this issue, but I'll continue to check my garage floor. I have about 17k miles on my Magnum.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Hoss350

wow so now I have this to look forward to too! I think I might just give this thing back. it's a day old, and mine is already in the service dept. for a torque converter.

Quick Reply: Tranny fluid in the driveway