Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Shogunsama
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving lights

Have 2005 RT. Love it but small problem. Driving light burnt out and it cost me $91.00 at dealer to change (owners manual said to take it to the dealer as it is a real pain to change your self) Last time I'll believe that.

So a couple of questions:
A. Does anyone know what the procedure is to change out those lightbulbs. It looks almost like you have to take apart the lower bumper assembly to get to them.

B. Does anyone know what number of a super white or "blueish light bulb I can use to replace the factory dim ones. Already changed out the headlights to the super bright and it is great!

Thanks in advance to all you more experienced magnum owners than me. Would appreciate any help on the fog/driving light subject.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26615/3D06E948E11F4F4195D3B3B730E9A945.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-27-2005, 11:14 PM
king97tut
Default RE: Driving lights

Ah, that would be a warranty issue, should be bumper to bumper for three years!! First year should cover everything...I have to check my warranty info, yeah your right, they dont replace blubs..

Old 12-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Shogunsama

Sorry,
Been down that route. Dodge says light bulbs not under warranty! Dealer stands by that and $91 later i have a new OME bulb.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:49 PM
wisconsinmagnum
Rookie

I changed out all my bulbs on my magnum R/T the fogs are a pain to get at but worth it to get them to match i put in blue-ish bright bulbs in mine for all the bulbs. you have to go from the bottom witch means removing the plastic gard underneath the bumper just remove as many screws to move the gard out of the way and feel up inside and remove the bulb. as far as what kind they use. they were the same as the headlights

I bought a whole set off ebay for the fogs, brights, and dims, I got 1 set of 9006's and 2 sets of 9005's

let me know if you have any questions......

P.S. I have a Black R/T Magnum and I am looking for black Headlights to give it that better look. I live in Fond Du Lac Wisconsin. anyone that wants to swap let me know or i will buy some for the right price.

DJ MATTYBOY

Old 01-03-2006, 03:23 AM
CraigInCT

I've got one out now. I'd like to put in something different - you know targeting lasers, phasers maybe photon torpedos.

just kidding

I know that when you blow one head light, you should replace both. Is this true with foglights too. What options do I have for replacing these?

Old 01-04-2006, 02:20 PM
SXTred

I know in my many years as a Saab owner i only once replaced the Drivers side headlight once but replaced the passenger side about 3 times. Seems the passenger side wears out sooner for some reason.

???

Old 01-06-2006, 01:08 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

Has anyone actually put a set of driving lights in front of or in the grille area? I thought I saw a Magnum in one of the pix that had a large set of driving/fog lights similar to those used in rallye racing.

Post some pix if you have 'em!

Old 01-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Tedman5
Rookie

Do you mean something like this? And yes, they do light up the night. Here in rural PA its very dark at night and I like to see what I am about to hit. LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...5/DSCF0002.jpg

Old 01-09-2006, 03:15 AM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Tedman5
Do you mean something like this? And yes, they do light up the night. Here in rural PA its very dark at night and I like to see what I am about to hit. LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...5/DSCF0002.jpg
You got it! Those oughta light up the sky...are they Hella, PIA, ??? Also, how much of a PITA were they to mount?

Quick Reply: Driving lights