Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Idiots at dealer damage my roof!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006 | 01:56 AM
kmingis
Default RE: Idiots at dealer damage my roof!!!

The exact same thing happened to me a few years back when I took my Audi allroad in for an oil change. I'd had it about four months at the time. Same excuse...garage bay door came down on the top, damaged roof rails, spoiler etc. I wound up in a dinky A4 (not a bad car, but it's small) for almost a month. The allroad looked fine when I got it back and I had no problems with the work. Although about 6 months later a little bit of paint flaked off near the top of the windshield. Hopefully, you'll get your RT back and it'll be good as new!

Old 01-27-2006 | 10:21 AM
kowalcs
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: kmingis

The exact same thing happened to me a few years back when I took my Audi allroad in for an oil change. I'd had it about four months at the time. Same excuse...garage bay door came down on the top, damaged roof rails, spoiler etc. I wound up in a dinky A4 (not a bad car, but it's small) for almost a month. The allroad looked fine when I got it back and I had no problems with the work. Although about 6 months later a little bit of paint flaked off near the top of the windshield. Hopefully, you'll get your RT back and it'll be good as new!
Gee, sounds like too common of a thing. Did you have them repaint it? Why did it take them a month to fix it the first time? I am supposed to get mine back today.

Old 01-27-2006 | 10:35 AM
kmingis

Yes, I let them handle it with their body shop... I think it took so long because they had to order parts from Germany for the roof rack, and then the service manager was out for two weeks for family issues. As a result, my Audi slipped through the cracks for a while... That's all ancient history now, though. Be sure to let us know how your car looks! Good luck today, kowalcs!

Old 01-30-2006 | 05:00 PM
KGBpro
Professional

dealerships are so shiesty

Old 01-30-2006 | 09:35 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

That sounds horrible, I can't believe they'd be such idiots to make a mistake such as that. I'm glad the manager is taking responsibility and is getting your Magnum repaired though. Good luck with it, post pics if you can.

-Matt-

Old 01-30-2006 | 11:55 PM
kowalcs
|
Professional

I was too sick to take any pics of it when it happened. I didn't have my camera with me anyways and made them take it back immediately and fix it. Supposedly, it was done late this afternoon and I plan on picking it up tomorrow at lunch. I'm crossing my fingers. It better look darn good. They've had it over a week now, just to paint the darn roof. For what it's worth, the manager has been pretty cool through this whole thing, but it still doesn't make me feel any better. The whole incident should never have happened. Oh well, I guess sh*t happens.

Old 01-31-2006 | 05:32 PM
kowalcs
|
Professional

Well, I got my car back. They definitely could have done a better job. Out in the daylight, it looks fine. But, when I pulled it in the shop under the flourescent lights, you can see quite a bit of dirt in the paint. What can ya do. If I take it back to them, they might make it worse. The thing that really made me mad was how dirty my interior was after they said they were going to detail the car and all of the overspray on my hood and fenders. I made them clean the interior again because it was pretty dirty. What should I use to get off the overspray. I tried a cleaner wax and it's not really doing the job. A buddy of mine suggested using a clay bar. What do you guys think?

Lastly, how do I get the word out about this sh*tty dealership? Are there any sites where dealerships are rated where I can rip them a new one for their terrible services? By the way, the dealership is Bob Saks in Farmington Hills, MI. They suck.

Old 01-31-2006 | 07:08 PM
CarFinish
Rookie

try using a glaze...3M definitely makes it or Mothers' as well....and I believe you can pick it up at Pepboys or similar place. It might take you a while with this but you are assured to not take much of clear off...Glaze is super super fine polish, not a wax or protectant. Over time the little amounts, if any of overspray will come off with regular cleaning.....Or go see a body shop and they will instruct you (definitley not the idiots that did the job).

If it was me I would not let anyone at it with a wheel....please don't...try the glaze...that would be my first choice....wash the car nice and do not glaze it in the sun...I know it's winter and inside is the only choice this time of year...good luck.

Stell

Old 01-31-2006 | 09:24 PM
labarberat

What Dealer? Where?

Old 02-01-2006 | 10:08 AM
kowalcs
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: labarberat

What Dealer? Where?

Read above. Bob Saks in Farmington Hills, MI.

Quick Reply: Idiots at dealer damage my roof!!!