Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Satellite Radio with Nav Radio options

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
kowalcs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio with Nav Radio options

This may have been covered before, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for when I did a search. I have the 6 disc radio with Navigation in my Magnum. If I get satellite radio in my car, is my only option to get sound through the speakers an FM modulator? I sure hope not. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:23 PM
gatortuba
Default RE: Satellite Radio with Nav Radio options

ORIGINAL: kowalcs

This may have been covered before, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for when I did a search. I have the 6 disc radio with Navigation in my Magnum. If I get satellite radio in my car, is my only option to get sound through the speakers an FM modulator? I sure hope not. Thanks in advance.
I'm thinking about getting the R/T with the same set up and I have an XM tuner that I am running through my tape deck it the car I have now. I've been thinking it over and I think that if you don't have the Sirius option in the Magnum that FM modulator is the only option. It sucks but how else would you get signal.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:27 PM
kowalcs
Professional

TTT

I just received my Magnum accessory catalog in the mail and it must be possible to get satellite radio on NAV radio equipped cars without using an FM modulator. I say this because in the catalog, it show the 6 disc NAV radio with "SAT" highlighted as one of the possible modes (CD, AM/FM, SAT) on the screen. Any other thoughts on this? I think I would get satellite radio in my Magnum if I didn't have to use a modulator and didn't need a separate receiver.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
karfreek

You can get the Sirius kit from the dealer that will allow a stock Sirius install like it would have from the factory. It allows you to use the satelite (sirius) just like it was FM.

Jay

Old 03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
kowalcs
Professional

ORIGINAL: karfreek

You can get the Sirius kit from the dealer that will allow a stock Sirius install like it would have from the factory. It allows you to use the satelite (sirius) just like it was FM.

Jay
Anyone know what that costs from the dealer?

Old 03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
karfreek

ORIGINAL: kowalcs

ORIGINAL: karfreek

Jay
Anyone know what that costs from the dealer?
Installed at the factory $195

From the dealer its

$130 for the black box and antenna.
$170 for the mounting kit and harnesses.

IMO worth the price to retain all the stock functions.

Jay

Old 03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
kowalcs
Professional

That's not bad. Thanks for the info. Not sure if I really want the dealer touching my car though after my last dealer experience though. Let's just say my car now only has about 75% of its original paint, thanks to Bob Saks in Farmington Hills, MI.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio with Nav Radio options