Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

putting on the shine

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Magnum 2005 RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting on the shine

Tell me what you use to wax your cars. Also the trim around the windows. I have used the Back to Black, and can't say I am that happy with it. Still has some water-like spots. Since I have the beautiful black, it gets washed almost every time it is driven. And Because of that, I do wax it a lot. Worth it though, it just sparkles and is a head turner!!!

B.J.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:52 PM
FlatEric
Veteran
Default RE: putting on the shine

Lot of opines on this one....I like Zaino Brothers. I posted the following with a picture.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_279181/mpag.../tm.htm#279181

Old 03-07-2006, 03:48 PM
shnormo
Veteran

If you have water spots, use a clay bar then use a cleaner wax and rewax it with meguires gold class liquid wax. Green monster is an amazing cleaning wax with superior shine, but just for tha little extra, using the gold class after it really makes it shine. Meguiar's A1216 Cleaner Wax - liquid. As for the clay bar I get mine through our supplier it is a synthetic one and it's purple... more agressive BE CAREFUL but the grey ones are very light and the one from Meguires is yellow... don't know what cut that is?

Old 03-07-2006, 03:55 PM
shnormo
Veteran

Zymol Z503 Car Polish Liquid, 16 ounces

Zymol Natural Liquid Cleaner Wax 16 fl. oz

Old 03-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Magnum 2005 RT

Thank you for this info. Will the clay bar work on the trim between and under the windows. That seems to be the biggest problem, much more than the paint. the top has the water spots. I have gotten them out just waxing for the most part. But, I know they are there, very faint. thank you again, will do the clay bar, cleaner wax and then the liquid wax. Keeping it in the garage. Spring is hell with all the pollen and sap from these trees!!!!!!!

B.J.

Quick Reply: putting on the shine