Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Superchips here and in...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:21 AM
ascottie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Superchips here and in...

I am up to the latest version 1.2. They seem to make more improvments each time. I am very happy with what i have. The performance is still not all it is capible of (based on the org. version that made the car run rough) but its geting there. I think with a few more revisions it will be there. The latest version i think is very strong through the mid-range and helps the car pull strong well past 100mph.

I have not heard when the next version will be ready. Version 1.2 was released about a week ago.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:58 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

I meant what version of factory software do I need? I have read on more than one post that chip X won't work until you have a certain upgrade from the dealer, but no one says what that version is?

Quote from post above: "A $75 trip to the dealer will get you the Computer Version you need.."

Old 05-21-2006, 10:50 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

my dealer ran a check and road test to see if it had any upgrades from original for free. My dealer is one Ive gotten all my Mopar stuff from for my shop for 15 years. Its got a may 04 build date and he told me its the correct version.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:11 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Strippedhemi, does the FlashPaq work with your version of car software? I thought you did not have one yet. My software on the car is 7/27/04 Ver 3.61. I would be interested to know what version ascottie had and what he got when he determined:

"Now I have determined that I need to take the Hemi back to the dealer so a newer "stock" program can be downloaded in order for the FlashPaq will work."

I think I'll send a mail directly to the company and make them say it will work out of the box before I order.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:19 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

I havent bought a flashpaq yet. I did take the car to the dealer to make sure its got the latest version of the factory software so I can load it when I do decide to order one. I guess there are still some problems with downloading the present flashpaq into the Charger also. Im also waiting since my buddy with it is going to order one at the same time so we can maybe get a better deal.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:34 PM
MyRT
Professional

ORIGINAL: FlatEric

Strippedhemi, does the FlashPaq work with your version of car software? I thought you did not have one yet. My software on the car is 7/27/04 Ver 3.61. I would be interested to know what version ascottie had and what he got when he determined:

"Now I have determined that I need to take the Hemi back to the dealer so a newer "stock" program can be downloaded in order for the FlashPaq will work."

I think I'll send a mail directly to the company and make them say it will work out of the box before I order.
FlatEric, I have a 6/4/04 build Magnum with original code and the SC tuner will not work. I get an error during the load telling me I need to upgrade my cars software. I have tried 2 different dealers and they will not upgrade the software with out a problem they can dupilcate. So I am out of luck. I have sent several email to SC without a response.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:40 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I should update my story with the Superchips Flashpaq, since I last posted here.

Since I live fairly close to Superchips, they are in Sanford (FL) and I am in Ocala (FL).
They used my car as one of their test vehicles, since mine is an early model 04/04 and had trans software that they had not seen before. To make a long story short, they had my car 3 times, each time was for about a week - they did give me a loaner each time.

I now have my car back for over a month now, it runs great, is much faster and gets better mileage to boot.

No complaints now,

Bob ......a happy user

Old 05-22-2006, 10:02 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Bob,
Thanks for the input. But could you possibly be more Vague? We want details.... They had the car (3) times, each for about a week. What did they do to your car for the week it was in there? What Software Version? What was done on the first visit? What was right and wrong with it then? What was done on the second visit? What was right and wrong with it then? What was done on the third visit? What did they fix to get it right? What are your current settings? How much Gas Milage did you gain? What other mods are done to your RT? Does your RT Break 2nd Gear Loose? Bob, these are the types of input we are looking for... Please take a night and write down what you can share with us. We value your opinion, we just need a bit more of it! We want actual before and after 'daily driver' results...

Old 05-22-2006, 10:14 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

My RT,
Go back to the Dealer, tell them you are having issues with your EAS light coming on at random. Let them know you have to turn the car off and back on to get the light to go off. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. "This is really becoming irritating!" Or something like that. Let them know there is something wrong, try pulling a TSB from the Forum, so it's a valid fix when they enter your problem into the computer. I had 24 miles left on my warranty. Printed like 30 items from the Forum of what was wrong with the Magnums. Half did not apply, but I got new stuff for free anyway. New radio, new window motors, etc... I went in with a list, they ordered parts so fast, there is no way they could have physically inspected my car. Enter the VIN into the computer and they look at the TSB's. (the same list I looked at when I printed my list) "Yup, these are all valid claims. Process." Use this cool thing called technology to your advantage!

Pick any TSB related to the Computer Software. Typically, unless they have nothing to do, they will check the TSB and fix without inspecting, but only if it is listed on the DC TSB Database.

Good Luck!

Old 05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Ok, some good poop here. I wrote a mail to Superchips, and got an answer the same day. Here is the exchange.

I WROTE:

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum and have read where some folks are having problems and need an update to the factory software before the Flashpaq will work.

I would like to know if it will work with my Magnum out of the box before I buy. I have software version 3.61 dated 7/27/04 and my car was built in Dec 04.

Thanks,

THE ANSWER:

Bulletin # 18-031-04 REV A is dated Nov. 12 2004. It must be updated by the dealer for our programmer to work on your Hemi.

Thanks,

Jason

THE TSP HE REFERENCES:

2005 Dodge Magnum
Bulletin #: 1803104
Sequence #: 10008744
Date: 11/12/2004
Component Name: 110000 electrical system
Make: Dodge
Model: Magnum
Year: 2005
Summary: Flash: driveability improvements malfunction indicator lamp (mil) diagnostic trouble codes p0116, p0139, p0159, p0197, u110b or u1402. *mj this bulletin supersedes bulletin 18-031-04, dated july 8, 2004. *tt

So, if you don't have this update, the FlashPaq will not work, that according to Superchips. I have an appointment for next week. My ESP lamp is driving me nuts, wink wink.

Quick Reply: Superchips here and in...