Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

New Owner and ipod question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:59 PM
RTPablo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner and ipod question

Hey guys and gals,
Just inked the deal on my new RT yesterday, and I have been searching for the answer to my questions. I am getting an RT with the navigation system. I do not have the rear video system. I want to use my ipod, as I have really gotten used to using it in my old vehicle with my alpine head unit. It seems as if I am out of luck as I came across another post with a similar question. I guess if I had the rear video system, I could have hooked up the ipod with that. However, I found a new product from Peripheral model number CHYX that says it will integrate into the 06 magnum stereo. It is a brand new product, and there does not seem to be much info about it. Anyone know for sure if it will work with the Nav sytem? This is my first Chrysler product, so I am not real familiar with this bus system. I feel like I paid for the nav system, I might as well use it. Plus it has the Boston Acoustics speakers and the such. I know, I used to sell this stuff years ago and the factory stereo was always the first thing to go. I just don't feel like getting rid of it. At least not yet. If something comes along that will allow me to use the ipod than cool. Anyway, long winded first post. Thanks for any info you can give.

Pablo

Old 03-20-2006, 10:20 AM
kowalcs
Professional
Default RE: New Owner and ipod question

My Magnum has Nav and I just wound up putting my MP3's onto discs. With a 6 disc in-dash player, nearly 200 songs per disc, it's almost like having an in-dash ipod!

Old 03-20-2006, 10:24 AM
RTPablo

How well does that work? Are you able to see all the titles and stuff on the screen? I am eager toget the car!! Won't have it for a couple of days or so. They are taking care of registration and stuff today, and are installing the hitch and light wiring, so it will be a few days probably. Thanks for the info.

Pablo

Old 03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
kowalcs
Professional

It works great. All of the CD's show up as a folder on the screen, just like on a computer. Then, you can open each folder (CD) and see each song, etc. It also shows genre, artist, album, etc. It works just like my MP3 player. I have a Creative Labs, not an ipod. You won't miss your ipod, trust me.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:23 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Yes, I have the six CD changer and it plays mp3 CDs fine, I have several with 240 songs on them. But I still put my Ipod Mini into the snake/FM transmitter thingie.

But not all the time....

Old 03-21-2006, 12:41 AM
RTPablo

I just hate to compress my songs to MP3. I will probably give a go untill they come out with something. Picking up the car sometime on Wednesday. Hopefully I will not get a speeding ticket on the highway on the way home!!

Pablo

Old 03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
hattey

peripheral has a unit coming out in a couple weeks that is called the CHYP. It is a fully integrated ipod control for the magnum, charger, and 300c. It will show the titles on the screen, and it will also charge the unit while it is playing. The unit will cost 199 MSRP.
The only requirements are that you have the stereo with mp3 and sattilite radio, or better.
let me know if you have any other questions.
They will also be offering a couple other modules in the same line for our magnums that will alow you to have two aux in's instead of an ipod interface, or a clean head unit bypass module.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:50 AM
RTPablo

Thanks for the info Hattey. I did come across that unit as well as the others you were talking about, and was wondering if it would work. I sent an email to them, but they have not responded to me. This should work with the nav with Sirrius? Can you use a combination of products such as ipod controls and get a line out as well for an additional sub or something of the sort? Picking up the Magnum sometime today!!!!!!!!

Pablo

Old 03-22-2006, 12:31 PM
hattey

you could use the ipod module and a line out converter, simply because the line out converter is just tapping into the speaker leads for the rear speakers. i think the ipod module is several harnesses.
it should would with the navi set up
good luck with you magnum, i have had mine now for just shy of a month, and i cant tell you how much i love it.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:28 PM
RTPablo

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
NO magnum today. The dealership doesn't have the paperwork and stuff done, and I have to take another ride to the dealership. NOT PLEASED!! Thanks again for your input.

Pablo

Quick Reply: New Owner and ipod question