Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Steering wheel controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:32 PM
RTPablo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel controls

Hey Guys,
I seem to be having issues with my steering wheel audio controls. The left control that jumps from station to station, or skips tracks on a cd does not work consistently. If I try to use it with a station for example, the station display will flash, but it won't tune. Will tune manually with the ****. The controls work fine with dash displays, such as going through menus and stuff. Definately isolated to the head unit. I have the Nav system. Is this a known issue? Anybody with some input? I was thinking it might be a connection issue. Haven't pulled it apart yet. Can anyone tell me which connectors to look for? I imagine there are a few plugs back there! Any help would be much appreciated!

Pablo

Old 04-23-2006, 11:31 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Steering wheel controls

This probably isn't it but be sure you totally exit out of the statistics or user preference menus. In there the buttons only navigate the menu not the radio.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:27 AM
RTPablo

Thanks for the reply, but not the issue. I can go through 2 or 3 channels, then it locks up. Or skips songs on the cd then stop working.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:20 AM
RTPablo

Might have figured it out. This specific control seems very sensative to the amount of pressure applied to it. It really wants a light touch on the control to skip stations or songs on cd compared to the effort one can put on the volume control or when using the same button for dash menus. Anyone else notice this? Anyone else here? Anyone?

Old 04-26-2006, 02:34 AM
FlatEric
Veteran

Yes, we're here, just did not have this experience, so left it alone.....I even use my controls with driving gloves on, no problems.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:02 AM
RTPablo

Just seems like i always have funky issues that no one can relate to. No matter what it is! My work vehicle is in the shop which they cannot figure out, and now I am having this issue with the new Magnum, and I also lost running lights on my trailer hook up on the Magnum. Have to find the time to trace that down too!!

Paul

Quick Reply: Steering wheel controls