Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

My Hypertech programmer impressed my nephew with his GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Charlie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Hypertech programmer impressed my nephew with his GTO

Let my nephew drive the magnum and he was impressed with the power.He has a 5.7 GTO 6 speed..He is not use to the auto stick but he said it moves very nice..He put his GTO on a dyno and said it has 290 RWHp..His car is fast as with a 6 speed and each time he shifts you get jerked a little but it seems that the mag pulls longer before shifts. I was messing around in 1st with esp on and was able to chirp the rear tires very easily with a little blipping of the gas pedal..For what it's worth I am happy with it..Better response and no computer glitches..Again I bought it to tune mag to run on reg. gas.and even then I will still have better performance than stock.....

Old 04-26-2006, 11:22 AM
MagnumRT
Captain
Default RE: My Hypertech programmer impressed my nephew with his GTO

If he liked your car with Hypertech, he would LOVE my car with Superchip Flashpaq.

Sorry, I just love my SC.

Bob

Old 04-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Charlie

Can you program for regular gas??? That's the main reason I got mine....The extra power just happens to come along with it...

Old 04-27-2006, 11:01 AM
MagnumRT
Captain

Sure you can program for regular gas, but why? I run the 91 octane setting and get great gas mileage, much better than stock and have more power. I can get as high as 31 MPG on the highway, I get about 20 in town.

Bob

Old 04-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Charlie

Because it's cheaper..I get good Mpg also..I could run 93 and get better performance but even with the 87 setting I get better than stock..with my exhaust CAI and programmer I am happy with the results..If I need more I would go get an SRT8..anyway you look at it is still alot of FUN....

Quick Reply: My Hypertech programmer impressed my nephew with his GTO