Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Lose Your Suitcase!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Von Doom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lose Your Suitcase!

Hello all,

I just had the "suitcase" muffler (big unit in the middle of the car) removed from my Magnum RT RWD. Sounds unbelievable. I just had two bent pieces of pipe put in place and it cost 80 bucks to do. As soon as I left the exhaust shop a large SUV packed with people pulled up and finally asked the question I've been wanting to hear:

"Does that thing have a Hemi!?"

I smiled and nodded and as the light turned green I floored it all the while they were cheering me on.

Probably the coolest moment I've had yet in the car and worth every penny I spent.

Has a great grumble to it with little or no drone in the car (radio at a low volume drowns it out with windows up.) The TRUE sound of the engine is pure music. If you rev the car in a parking lot people pop their heads out to take a peak.

I highly recommend this for those "moddin' on a budget. I'll probably end up with a BORLA system down the line but for now it did what I wanted for not alot of money.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
MyRT
Professional
Default RE: Lose Your Suitcase!

Hey Von Doom,
Hope to here it soon. We need to have a M&G.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:21 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Von Doom,
OK, I had the same thing doen to mine. I agree it sounds great, but only to a point. Do you like the sound as you wind out first at 40+ MPH and it shifts into 2nd? I feel it is kind of farty at the end... Too much blow-by... Is yours the same? I am debating to go have some mufflers installed to solve this issue. A bit more resistance would create a deeper, yet quieter growl while softening the drone at the same time, a shorter rev down time and eliminate the too much blow-by issue... Not to mention that this is the most commonly recommended Exhaust Mod on both of the Magnum Sites...

Please post your feedback!

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/F32F72F56923449DB038D6AE62B3C951.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
mack7265

I have an 06 Magnum R/T, I had the suitcase and resinators removed and had series 40 flowmasters installed. The car sounds awesome, but is there a fix for the drone sound I have aquired now?. Also has anyone heard that doing this was actually taking away from the performance because of the amount of backpressure being taken away?

Quick Reply: Lose Your Suitcase!