Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

NAV giving wrong location

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:31 AM
kowalcs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV giving wrong location

Does anyone else have issues with their NAV system giving you the wrong location? Mine has done it three times in the last couple of weeks. It did it again on my way to work this morning. I'm wondering if it's just because of the weather. It wasn't raining, but we had very heavy cloud cover and storms and rain in the area. I guess it's kinda like when your satellite TV goes out in a storm. Is that what I should chalk this up to or do you think I have other issues? It quickly corrected itself today, but in the past it has not.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:55 AM
RTPablo
Default RE: NAV giving wrong location

Funny, mine seems a little off over the last week or two. Like you said corrects itself pretty quick, but shows you off the road and stuff like that. Just looked through the manual to see if there was a calibration or something that needed to be redone. Where are you? I am in Massachusetts, and we have been getting a huge amount of rain for the last week or so. Started before that did.

Pablo

Old 05-15-2006, 03:40 PM
kowalcs
Professional

I'm in Michigan and we've had a ton of rain lately too. I'm hoping it's just weather related.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Magmania
Veteran

I have seen this on mine but it is usually when i'm out in the back country roads or in newly erected housing developements. I attributed this to be that i was inside of an area that was'nt updated on my current map data.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:53 PM
RTPablo

I have been in area's "Where turn by turn diretion cannot be used" but the car still stays on the maps. Last weekend, it would be off of the raod a few times, and then jump on, and seems just a little off from what it used to be. Just thought it was me. Maybe leaves on the trees. This is new for me. Only had the car since the end of March.

Paul

Old 05-15-2006, 05:57 PM
RTPablo

Not like it is way off. Just a little for a quick 2-5 seconds or so.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:57 PM
kowalcs
Professional

Mine had me out in a field a few miles away this morning and going in a totally different direction. Maybe it was only finding two satellites. As I understand it, it needs to find three to triangulate your position.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:10 PM
RTPablo

Had you been drinking?? LOL

Old 05-15-2006, 07:03 PM
shiltz
Captain

That's normaly what happens when you lose signal to most satilites due to cloud cover, trees, buildings, etc, it loses accuracy the less satilites it's getting a signal from and can display off from where you actualy are, i've gotten the same thing a few times with my aftermarket GPS before, mostly in large city area's where tall buildings and narrow roads block off most of the satilites.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:07 PM
BIGG_FEEK

Greetings,

I logged onto this site because my dad has a 06 Charger R/T, and I am getting the Magnum R/T or SRT8.......but that is either here nor there.

If you have after market window tint that contain metal (you WON'T know by looking at it), you will have to go back to the dodge dealer and let them strip and re-install it. 99.9% of the tint shops uses a metallic base tint that can in a nut shell screw up your nav system. I hope that this was helpful.

Quick Reply: NAV giving wrong location